Fading out not functioning on "positive" commands
it seems that fading out doesn't work for "positive" commands, such as Visible or WindowOpen, and so on. It works fine for WindowClose and conditions like that, but I have several places where i've needed to use it and for whatever reason, it didn't work in any of them. I showed Jezz_X some of the code and he said it should be working, so I assume it must be some glitch in the xbmc code, or something that just hasn't been implemented yet maybe. Here's an example of the sort of thing I've tried doing.

<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" delay="300">WindowOpen</animation>

When I add this, it would either completely ignore the animation, or SOMEtimes it would make the control never become visible at all.
by the way, I could provide a debug log if you'd like, but i'm not sure it would help for this sort of thing?
fading does work mate as ive been skinning today and used that exact animation on windowopen and close
hmm well then there must be certain conditions under which it doesn't work...cause its definitely not working for me. I could provide one of the xmls i'm working with if it would help
i just tried a full debug and all it when i open the window is INFO: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml....so that didn't help
time = 0 doesn't look right. Try time=1.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i have tried various times with no effect...also, time 0 works perfectly for fading in...but i'll give it another shot anyway
wait i think i just realized the problem...what i'm trying to get it to do is appear immediately when the window opens, but disappear at 300. However, i just realized there's no way to do this, because the delay makes it so it doesn't become visible until 300. I'd like it to be visible for 300 miliseconds and then suddenly disappear. *sigh* Oh well.
You may be able to do it with a dummy control that switches on after 300ms (eg a blank image control).

Then set the visibility on the other item to be visible only when the dummy control is not visible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fading out not functioning on "positive" commands0