Hardware deinterlacing
(2016-09-01, 19:32)CiNcH Wrote: - SPMC 16.4.2: jerky playback

Go to Settings-Video-Acceleration and disable Mediacodec (leaving Mediacodec Surface). That'll give you the same situation as Kodi.
Not sure why plain Mediacodec is jerky. To be investigated...

PS Hehe... Looks like Surface is quite different than plain Mediacodec on Sony. They seem to apply specific post-processing for de-interlacing...
Quote: Go to Settings-Video-Acceleration and disable Mediacodec (leaving Mediacodec Surface). That'll give you the same situation as Kodi.
I can confirm that.

What's the difference between the 2 modes? Surface in the sense of OpenGL? Or is that something different?
(2016-09-01, 20:18)CiNcH Wrote: What's the difference between the 2 modes? Surface in the sense of OpenGL? Or is that something different?

Normally, little. Surface means direct rendering from decoder to display, without Kodi even seeing the images, while Kodi still does rendering with plain Mediacodec.
But seems to be a big deal on Sony TV. I'll make a specific exception for it, surely for interlaced material.
Quote:Surface means direct rendering from decoder to display, without Kodi even seeing the images, while Kodi still does rendering with plain Mediacodec.
But seems to be a big deal on Sony TV.
I would assume that the X1 image processor is doing the deinterlacing on Sony, which sits right after the MediaTek chipset, which probably makes reading back the video data hard..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware deinterlacing0