• 14(current)
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?
it works, thanks for the tip. I have set the same TAG for all channels.

I have an other trouble : the EPG has an offset of 1 Hours (t 7H45PM in EPG has the programm of 8H45pm)

I already have read about such problem.
the PVR_CHANNEL has one member called bouquet which i had mapped to the tags of tvheadend. but i think it is not used by xbmc now.
Hi guys,

Yesterday I installed the experimantal PVR version of XBMC and I must say it looks very prommising.

Just a question, would it be possible to configure it so when I select Live-TV from the main menu, or press the "Live-TV" button on the remote, it jumps straight into the TV-Channel where I left it previously? Just to simplify the UI for people, like my old father, that are not that familiar with computers. My father would not understand or accept to many obstacles just in order to watch "Late News" on TV.

- Janne
Has any work been done to implement a mythtv client for the pvr branch?
All Things PVR
@robert-wm
your new patch doesn't work with tvheadend >= 2.8
Any idea ?
walinsky Wrote:@robert-wm
your new patch doesn't work with tvheadend >= 2.8
Any idea ?

"it doesn't work" won't help anyone.

You will need to be more specific.

What doesn't work?
Compiling problem?
configuration problem?
playback problem?
What is the behavior?
what is the expected behavior?

Pastebin some relavent logs and post the link with a description of what the problem and i am sure someone will be able to help.
All Things PVR
@dubstar_04
sorry, you're right.
The new patch compiles/installs without problems.
Xbmc will even add it happily as a client - and I see a login from XBMC to tvheadend.
Normally on xbmc startup, I would see a progressbar for epg-updates; this doesn't happen. The pvr client won't display channels. Moving the mouse cursor over the EPG list will crash XBMC.
walinsky Wrote:@dubstar_04
sorry, you're right.
The new patch compiles/installs without problems.
Xbmc will even add it happily as a client - and I see a login from XBMC to tvheadend.
Normally on xbmc startup, I would see a progressbar for epg-updates; this doesn't happen. The pvr client won't display channels. Moving the mouse cursor over the EPG list will crash XBMC.

i'm experiencing the same behavior.
i use tvheadend from svn with the patch from robert-wm
As you can see in the ticket comments, i'm still working on it. I will make a new one soon.

The problem you are experiencing now resolves to the new service type flag of tvheadend. I introduced this to tvheadends svn but andreas extended this some days ago.

A small fix would be:

replace following lines in pvrclient-tvheadend.cpp:

Code:
for(std::vector<int>::iterator it = channel.servicetypes.begin(); it != channel.servicetypes.end(); ++it)
{
        if(radio == (*it == 0x2))

with:

Code:
{

this will leed to display all channels as tv AND radio channels but they should be displayed.
@robert-wm
Thanks for your quick reply.
I tried the suggested patch:
the plugin doesn't crash anymore;
I only get the first channel (of all) to show up in the channel list though.

Any thoughts ?

rgrds,

walinsky
walinsky Wrote:@robert-wm
I only get the first channel (of all) to show up in the channel list though.

There's a "break;" at the end of the original for-loop. Remove that ....
Hi,
currently i've the new SVN release of pvr-testing2 build on my HTPC, but about every 10-20 minutes it crashed!
I see into XBMC crash log a long lines of ffmpeg errors. Someone have my similar problems?

Below my crash log: http://pastebin.com/m2d81ea82

Regards
The pvrtesting branch is not stable and therefore support must not be requested. The devs are aware of most issues.

Ensure you are using the latest svn before reporting anything.. currently at 27596 (you have 27303)

I believe you are using the vdr client .. probably better posting in that thread if any.
dubstar_04 Wrote:Has any work been done to implement a mythtv client for the pvr branch?

Not yet no. Someone else on the forums said they were looking at doing something but I haven't seen any code show up anywhere.

One will be done but there are some existing myth:// related bugs that I want to finish up along with some other minor refactorings and work on better TV Show library integration.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
robert-wm Wrote:There's a "break;" at the end of the original for-loop. Remove that ....

Thanks; that seems to fix the problem.

One other thing I noticed;
HD tv channels aren't handled by vdpau (ff-h264).
(as opposed to playing HD movies: ff-h264_vdpau)
I can't quite remember if this was the case with VDR pvrclient.
I did notice a similar problem on trac though.
I found the exact same lines in my debug log as mentioned in the Change History; so I tend to
believe the problem is that the demuxer does not provide the correct dimensions (as mentioned
in the trac ticket comments)
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?5