• 15(current)
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?
hi,

i love this new branch with xbmc as tv frontend, but i miss plans to use the best tv backend software: the "recording service" of dvbviewer. is it planned to use this too?

nicx...
+1
XBMC + DVB Viewer's recording service as a back end would be a match made in heaven.
Is all this working with the RC2 of Mythtv 0.23

Regards Hans
noone has ever written a functional pvr client for myth - so that's a no. nor any earlier versions.
spiff Wrote:noone has ever written a functional pvr client for myth - so that's a no. nor any earlier versions.

Should the roadmap be updated?
Hi,

Is there a list of intended and currently implemented features per backend?

I'm testing the tvHeadend client and can't see any previously recorded shows, I'm not sure whether this is a problem with my configuration or whethewr it's just not implemented yet?

Thanks,

Neil.
I think Recording acess is broken as I've tested it with streamdev & vnsi-server , and it always show an empty directory.
hotlobster Wrote:I think Recording acess is broken as I've tested it with streamdev & vnsi-server , and it always show an empty directory.

That'll explain that then. Thanks.
Are there any news/rumors if PVR will make it into the upcoming XBMC release? I'm currently using some Windows-PVR builds from community members and can only say that the PVR part seems quite stable (besides of issues of the connectors themselfes). So will it make it into XBMC 10.5/6, as the branch has been somewhat quiet in the last weeks.

If the release manager feels unsure due to the not perfectly stable PVR connectors, simply don't ship those connectors (or ship none at all) and let them be downloaded via the extension manager.

One feature I'm missing though is timeshift. Does the PVR API support it so that it's just a lack of missing support by the clients, or is the API not yet up to it?
I also believe that recoding service from DVBViewer would be the best match for XBMC.

Hope someone picks it up...
Just registered to say ditto on fully supporting DVBViewer recording service as backend!!

Match made in heaven in my book (and lots of other people) !!
Hi,

I think there's a problem with the TVHeadend client in respect to observing daylight savings.

My time zones on the headend server and the XBMC client are both the same, but I always seem to be given a guide in XBMC which is an hour off.

The Headend web page shows the correct running programmes but my XBMC box is out.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Neil.
Is there a documentation on what to use / extend to create a pvr addon ?
I understand that this is still work in progress and I am willing to go through the pain of developping off a development branch. I pretty much would like to tackle an actual mythTV pvr addon. If somebody is already working on this, I am willing to lend a hand.
I have already opened a separate thread on this, but here the matter might be more visible. It would be nice to have a full integration beween XBMC, and Dreambox (VU, Dbox, and other Enigma2 boxes). I am aware about Tuxbox as a videosource, and some custom scripts, but those are mostly unstable, and they don't support EPG, timers, and other box capabilities. Not even channel switching.

Enigma 2 has a web front-end with all these features, and it is widely used for various remote control applications for Iphone/Ipad, Android and the likes, so full support should not be much of an issue. There are not so many ways to watch paid TV on HTPC (legally), and Enigma2 integration seems to be the optimal one — you can even use it for Sly (both UK and Italia). As far as I know, no DVB card can give you this...

Ticket #10185 in trac

This link should be useful, not sure if it is up to date though
http://wiki.dbox2-tuning.net/wiki/index....bInterface
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?5