• 18(current)
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?
nobody is working on an addon for that backend afaik
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac

NPVR and GBPVR does use SQLLite DB so I was hoping after looking at the config file I could make changes in hoping to test this but don't know where all the files are located yet and still digging through the PVR load I just did. Any help as these file locations are and a quick guide as what not to do with the config files I would be happy to make changes and test. :-)

dj
there is no addon for that backend, so you can't get this to work unless you start up your favourite ide and start coding :-)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
nicx76 Wrote:hi,

i love this new branch with xbmc as tv frontend, but i miss plans to use the best tv backend software: the "recording service" of dvbviewer. is it planned to use this too?

nicx...

BBkeeeef Wrote:XBMC + DVB Viewer's recording service as a back end would be a match made in heaven.

Yes, I'd love to see this as well !
I just wanted to say that I really like XBMC-PVR, great work on this, keep it up!

I will send you a pull request with french language strings (edit: done) and a patch to make it work with ffmpeg's recents git revisions (CODEC_TYPE_xxx variables have been renamed to AVMEDIA_TYPE_xxx and m_dllAvCodec.av_set_string function changed to m_dllAvUtil.av_set_string3).
Raptylos Wrote:Yes, I'd love to see this as well !

As would I.

ATM, have spent futile hours getting a MythTV back-end working with my various DVB cards - the Windows BDA drivers installed in a matter of seconds but it took 7 hours to get the equivalent Linux drivers to behave for the Tevii S660! So I'll be sticking to a Windoze back-end, esp. as the motherboard of my server doesn't have Linux drivers for its power management functions.

DVBViewer glued to DigiGuide via DABDig has been working solidly for years but only I can set up recordings as it's a bit fiddly for the family to use, so I'm looking at Mediaportal now.

On the other hand, XBMC live is the best thing since... XBMC on the XBOX (which is where I started), so I'd like to stick to that as a front-end with a suitable EPG.
Do you have any noted on getting your Tevii S660 to work in Linux what linux distro did you get it working on and which drivers did you get work in the end. Spent hours with mine and just gave up in the end. This was a couple of months ago so I am hoping things may have changed.

MrRimmer Wrote:As would I.

ATM, have spent futile hours getting a MythTV back-end working with my various DVB cards - the Windows BDA drivers installed in a matter of seconds but it took 7 hours to get the equivalent Linux drivers to behave for the Tevii S660! So I'll be sticking to a Windoze back-end, esp. as the motherboard of my server doesn't have Linux drivers for its power management functions.

DVBViewer glued to DigiGuide via DABDig has been working solidly for years but only I can set up recordings as it's a bit fiddly for the family to use, so I'm looking at Mediaportal now.

On the other hand, XBMC live is the best thing since... XBMC on the XBOX (which is where I started), so I'd like to stick to that as a front-end with a suitable EPG.
TheCableGuy_69 Wrote:Do you have any noted on getting your Tevii S660 to work in Linux what linux distro did you get it working on and which drivers did you get work in the end. Spent hours with mine and just gave up in the end. This was a couple of months ago so I am hoping things may have changed.

Success at last with Ubuntu 11.04 and the following instructions worked perfectly.
any progress to add live tv nativly to xbmc?
mad1993max Wrote:any progress to add live tv nativly to xbmc?

It depends on the backend you are using. See the forum post on main PVR branch maintained by dushmaniac here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92315 source is here: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc I believe this branch contains a TVHeadEnd add-on.

For an add-on support for MythTV see tsp42's branch (which builds on the dushmaniac's branch above), forum post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110694 and source: https://github.com/tsp/xbmc
(2011-06-04, 15:25)Raptylos Wrote:
nicx76 Wrote:hi,

i love this new branch with xbmc as tv frontend, but i miss plans to use the best tv backend software: the "recording service" of dvbviewer. is it planned to use this too?

nicx...

BBkeeeef Wrote:XBMC + DVB Viewer's recording service as a back end would be a match made in heaven.

Yes, I'd love to see this as well !

Me too Smile

I'd love to see Beyond TV as a backend for XBMC PVR... Any chance of that?

Beyond TV does a great job of commercial skipping and has channel data AND channel changing built-in...

It'd be a great candidate as a backend!

I tried really hard to get into MediaPortal/ForTheRecord, but configuring them was too cumbersome and complicated. Beyond TV just WORKS.
The best "recording service" I've found is DVBViewer. No doubt !!!
DVBViewer is without doubt the most stable recording service. It never crashes, unlike the unstable MediaPortal TV Server.
seems to me, that both - DVBViewer (btw. I bought a licence and used the program for a while, the program is okay but not as good as XBMC & tvheadend - and unfortunately not much more stable) & Beyond TV - are commercial apps .. so it would be best if the "companies" write themselves a neat XBMC pvr plugin for their products Wink I don't see a reason why opensource developers should spent time to help others earn money Rofl if they could better invest time into improvement of opensource solutions like tvheadend, mythtv or vdr ...
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?5