• 6(current)
Beta Streaming radio helper
Bah again......!Wink
Streaming radio helper does not work with artist Pink (P!nk)
Streaming radio helper gets only logo.
Artist name trimmed from 'Pink' to P
JB
EDIT:
Logo is OK
Yeah, found that out myself earlier today !! Already fixed in my test version that I have running as I type this (with logo and thumb/banner switching for featured artists Big Grin)

Problem stemmed from the original lookup on Musicbrainz getting an MBID for an artist of 'P'. This meant that the MBID check against theaudiodb was changing the correct name ('P!nk') to 'P' because of the incorrect MBID.

Oh, album and year data is only looked up against the main artist, not any of the featured artists as this seems (although my testing is fairly limited at the moment) to produce the most results.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
There is now an updated version in a new branch (work-in-progress) on github for testing purposes.

So far, it's been stable for me but there is always the possibility of bugs and/or errors !!

Changes are as follows
  • New setting to select rotation time of logos/thumbs/banners for tracks with multiple artists. Time is selectable from 10 - 60 seconds in 5 second steps.
  • All artists are listed under artist name if there is more than one. (Previously only the first artist was listed).
  • If a logo/thumb/banner is missing for a featured artist, the previous one(if there was one) will continue to be shown.
  • Script attempts to identify ALL artists if fed a string containing multiple artists.

Notes

The timer that changes the window properties does not start counting until that particular artist has been looked up. This is immediate if all the data is cached, but if there is no data in the cache (artist never looked up before) it can take several seconds to do the on-line lookups, depending upon internet speed. This does mean however that the time stuff is displayed for can vary a little.

Script attempts to parse out featured artists based on what I have personally observed as the most likely delimiters. These are 'feat.', 'feat', 'ft.', 'ft', 'and', '&', ',' and 'vs'.
This means artist strings like "Mousse T. vs Hot n' Juicy", "Eternal & Bebe Winans", "Vamps feat Demi Lovato", "Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat Zedd" and "Pitbull feat Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer" are all correctly identified.

There is some extra logging in this version and as the script is now looping on multiple artists if you have debug logging turned on it will spam your logfile pretty badly !

-------------------

If it stays stable I'll tidy up the code, drop a lot of the logging and merge it into the master branch.
Thanks Big Grin [emoji106]
I'm downloading the latest version and testing it.
Hi black_eagle Smile
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                 - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                Traceback (most recent call last):
                  File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.radio.streaming.helper-work-in-progress/default.py", line 37, in <module>
                    from resources.lib.utils import *
                  File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.radio.streaming.helper-work-in-progress/resources/lib/utils.py", line 74, in <module>
                    delay = int(addon.getSetting('delay'))
                ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                -->End of Python script error report<--
EDIT1:
My mistake, I'm sorry Blush
Is OK
EDIT2:
No value for the delay ..... Blush
That looks like it returned an empty string ('') for the delay value. Did you actually set a delay first because I have just realised I didn't set a default value <- my bad !!

EDIT - Fixed. Thanks for the heads-up Smile
Hi black_eagle SmileSmile
For artists:
Remady & Manu-L - Another Day in Paradise
and
Enrique Iglesias feat. Wins - Duele EL Corazon
and ......

Streaming radio helper display thumb, banner and logo only for artist1 (Remady or Enrique Iglesias).
It's ok (because Manu-L and Wins dont has thumb, banner and logo(probably))
Unfortunatelly thumb and banner (for Remady or Enrique Iglesias) appear and disappar every 10 seconds.

e.g
first 10s
is displayed:
thumb(Enrique Iglesias) | banner(Enrique Iglesias) | logo(Enrique Iglesias)
next 10s
thumb(nought) | banner(nought) | logo(Enrique Iglesias)
next 10s
thumb(Enrique Iglesias) | banner(Enrique Iglesias) | logo(Enrique Iglesias)
next 10s
thumb(nought) | banner(nought) | logo(Enrique Iglesias)
...... Confused
JB Wink

EDIT:
Logo is diplayed all the time.Wink
Ah, well... Work-in-progress lol...

Think I have fixed that. Problem is, most of the stations I listen to have mainstream artists and therefore logos. thumbs and banners are available.

Anyway, I have made some changes and these should be pushed to github tomorrow (saturday).
Updated github work-in-progress branch again !!

Rotation of thumbs/banners should now work correctly. I.E. if there is a thumb and/or a banner to display then the script will do so, if there is no thumb/banner for a featured artist then the script will display the previous one (if there was one).

Added some fixes for when theaudiodb is not available. Script will now return any cached data that it has including thumb/banner URL's. Because of the way Kodi's built in thumbnail cache works, this means those thumbs/banners will still be displayed even though theaudiodb is not available.

Changed some of the logic for identifying featured artists in an effort to avoid splitting band names that have '& the' or 'and the' in their names such as 'Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' or 'Hootie & the Blowfish". Previously those would have been split into 'Tom Petty' and 'the Heartbreakers' and 'Hootie' and 'the Blowfish'. This shouldn't happen now although I'm aware that it's still not perfect by any means.

Added a setting to enable/disable lookup of featured artists. If it's set to 'off' script only looks up the first artist and disregards any others. Defaults to 'on'.
Hi
Description looks nice.Big Grin
I start to test.Cool
(2016-12-11, 11:00)black_eagle Wrote: Updated github work-in-progress branch again !!

Rotation of thumbs/banners should now work correctly. I.E. if there is a thumb and/or a banner to display then the script will do so, if there is no thumb/banner for a featured artist then the script will display the previous one (if there was one).

Added some fixes for when theaudiodb is not available. Script will now return any cached data that it has including thumb/banner URL's. Because of the way Kodi's built in thumbnail cache works, this means those thumbs/banners will still be displayed even though theaudiodb is not available.

Changed some of the logic for identifying featured artists in an effort to avoid splitting band names that have '& the' or 'and the' in their names such as 'Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' or 'Hootie & the Blowfish". Previously those would have been split into 'Tom Petty' and 'the Heartbreakers' and 'Hootie' and 'the Blowfish'. This shouldn't happen now although I'm aware that it's still not perfect by any means.

Added a setting to enable/disable lookup of featured artists. If it's set to 'off' script only looks up the first artist and disregards any others. Defaults to 'on'.

Hi Smile
I do not see settings "enable/disable lookup of featured artists" Huh

You don't have that Huh
(2016-12-12, 09:17)black_eagle Wrote: Image

You don't have that Huh

At the github does not have this option
Today downloaded.
settings.xml
Code:
(...)
    <category label="32001">
        <setting type="lsep"/>
        <setting id="musicdirectory" label="32002" type="folder"/>
        <setting id="onlinelookup" label="32013" type="bool" default="true"/>
        <setting type="sep"/>
        <setting id="usefanarttv" label="32003" type="bool" default="true" enable="eq(-2,true)"/>
        <setting id="usetadb" label="32004" type="bool" default="true" enable="eq(-3,true)" />
        <setting type="sep"/>
        <setting type="labelenum" id="delay" label="32029" values="10|15|20|25|30|35|40|45|50|55|60" default="30" />
        <setting id="debug" label="32023" type="bool" default="false"/>
</category>
(...)
Confused
Must have forgotten to push that settings file Blush Done now. Smile
Hi black_eagle Smile
.... Work-in-progress..... works quickly and wery well. Big Grin
It's a pity that using it I can't retrieve any other data. WinkBlush
Very good job!!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help