New Script (and Plugin) BBC PodRadio
Rainbow 
thanks BigBB

I'll update my own, my families, and the friends and relatives I've converted to XBMC by pure and simply showing them this script ;-)

Any progress on saving to HD on this issue?

Might try and tweak the order of things myself again. Last time all I managed to do was break the script Undecided

Anyway thanks for an awesome plugin and I'm sure I'll enjoy listening to BBC afrique to practise my french ;-)
hi BigBellyBilly,
im new at the forum and this is my first post. i'm testing xbmc on a ubuntu gutsy linux...and first impressions are really good...

today i've been testing some scripts, and yours should be very useful for me as i use to listen to bbc3radio...

ok here is my ploblem as reported in the log

00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: BBC PodRadio Version: 2.1 Date: 26-03-2008
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: Traceback (most recent call last):
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: File "/home/odin/XboxMc/scripts/TEST/BBC PodRadio/default.py", line 35, in ?
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO:
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: import language
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: ImportError
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: :
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO: No module named language
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 INFO:
00:02:21 T:3012545424 M:198672384 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
00:02:22 T:3012545424 M:198533120 INFO: Python script stopped

could you, or any forum user, tell me if there is any solution?

im running latest svn xbmc on recently upgraded ubuntu gutsy

let me know if you need any other info/log...

thanks for your work...
ritalee
did you unpack the script and keep the subfolders intact ? as it looks like the language.py module isnt there.

resources\libs\
resources\languages\english

etc
Retired from Add-on dev
TheBoxMan: Nice to hear of it being so useful!.
The Podcasts now resolve to an mp3 file, so might be able to 'save' that when it shows the final item?
Others are items onwhich it still has to extract the rpm url, fetch then extract the rtsp audiostream, then play that url from the cache. so its not something you can save.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
ok, i solved the lib problem in a dirty way as i dont know anything about programming/scripting... i had to edit default.py

Quote:DIR_HOME = '/home/odin/XboxMc/scripts/BBC PodRadio' #os.getcwd().replace( ";", "" )

then i had this error

Quote:ERROR: Language file /home/odin/XboxMc/scripts/BBC PodRadio/resources/language/english/strings.xml can't be parsed!

which i solved renaming the language directory from English to english

then i added the plugin as a music source and selected "browse radio by genre" giving this error

Quote:INFO: except=[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'T:\\script_data/BBC PodRadio/temp.html'

so i also edited default.py in plugin folder

Quote: DIR_USERDATA = '/home/odin/XboxMc/userdata/script_data/BBC PodRadio' #os.path.join( "T:\\script_data", __plugin__ )

then selected in the list Radio 3 >> bbc radio 3 - jazz library and got this error

Quote: INFO: except=[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/temp.xml'

so took a look at the script and finally changed

Quote:dir = '/home/odin/XboxMc/userdata/script_data/BBC PodRadio'
#os.getcwd().replace(';','')
file = os.path.join(dir, "temp.xml")

and finally i ended hearing

Quote:the bbc podcast that you are trying to download is not available outside the uk...

well i can play though their web the radio3 programs so confused about geoipRolleyes

then trying to play live radio3 i get the "too many consecutive failed items" and log reporting

Quote:22:35:34 T:3062441824 M:615084032 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactor::GetPlayers(rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_dsat_g2.ra)
22:35:34 T:3062441824 M:614998016 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_dsat_g2.ra
22:35:34 T:3062441824 M:614998016 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_dsat_g2.ra]

so i wrote in a console

Quote:mplayer rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_dsat_g2.ra

and could hear the live radio streaming....Nod

then i have written a simple playlist file containing the rtsp link and tried to play it but get the same error what makes me think that this is a xbmcForLinux problem with realaudio codec or with rtsp, right??:confused2:

thanks for any help
ritalee
you seem to have replaced python sys.path functions with hardcoded paths. this is more of an indication of a problem with python on linux than a script that isn't written correctly.

I have no linux box to help you solve it, but i have to take the standpoint that I trust the python api's to be correct regardless of platform, if they arn't then its a large problem to have suss what works on one platform and not another.

I too am hoping to move to a 'xbmc hd box' in the near future (win or linux) so it'd be a shame if scripts need special re-writting to be platform specific.
Retired from Add-on dev
hi bigbellybilly

The following one are based on the first tests I´ve done with the scripts at Linux (I am not experienced at programming but only reading debug logs and having a look at scripts..)

-- only a 33% may run (and maybe may crash sometimes) without any modification

-- other 33% may run only if modifying some Paths or Windows Paths Wrapping... sometimes, also may crash so they are bit inestable.

-- the rest, 34% of scripts, may not run because of much difficult problems related, like importing modules type Image, ImageFiles,....

Your script would be between the 33% with problems with paths, skipping what I told you about rtsp/codec...

Nevertheless XBMC at Linux is really stable and functional, instead of being a prealpha version (you take care of this when testing scripts)... it is pretty much incredible, as I forgot to keep using Mediaportal at Windows (sucks)... previously I used Freevo at Linux but, at least for me, I preferred Mediaportal... now, I think I cannot live without XBMC.

I have not programming skills, but I could help testing scripts and reporting logs with Linux concrete errors.... it would be great that scripts developers take in care about programming scripts thinking at multiplatform (although I think I am not the one to start talking about this, due to I am not a programmer and do not know if there are multiplatform libraries or APIs to know exactly what kind of S.O. is running the script, so "case-if").

At last, thanks thanks so much for listening community, and thanks at all for sharing your programming skills with them.... your scripts are great! Wink

Feanor (Ritalee friend).
is it not possible to force a buffer size via python, so as to avoid the wait while it buffers up the 4 meg or have to compromise by reducing the default buffer size for video
Question 
Also, if you get any time for this, would it be possible to tweak it to allow downloading of files? Preferably to Samba?

I do appreciate you're busy.

@Voinage -any chance you could try your hand at this tweak. I think the reason it won't download them with the white button trick just now is two fold - 1. it seems to resolve the final link *after* you click the program to play - so it doesn't have an address to download from yet (and consequently won't even download the .ram when doing that)...and 2 I think it points XBMC to the .ram file not the actual file itself (.rams are essentially files that contain the true location of the media). It is possible to download these as I did find a way on windows ages ago....can't remember exactly which program it was I had help me Smile
Rainbow 
The ultimate tool on the PC for URL grabbing is 'URL Snooper 2' perhaps this may assist in getting media adresses. As for downloading header files I personally use 'Flashget'

Hope this helps! :-)
Rainbow 
Infinity Wrote:The ultimate tool on the PC for URL grabbing is 'URL Snooper 2' perhaps this may assist in getting media adresses. As for downloading header files I personally use 'Flashget'

Hope this helps! :-)

Flashget! that's how I used to do it. Been ages since I tried. Had forgotten deep in the murky past.

I'm more trying to get it working from XBMC for my computer illiterate father who I've taught to use XBMC (and he loves it), he's an avid radio 4 listener. His xbox doesn't have too much space for storing files though (default xbox hard disk) so if he wants to fast forward to where he stopped last time downloading to samba would work better.
After you select from the list it uses its link to get the media file from which is reads the actual stream url. So obviously its more practical to resolve after selection.

What might be possible is, once you made the selection and its found the stream url, then to prompt the user to 'Play or Download' ?

I'll give it a try and let you know is that works.

BBB

PS. No its not possible for python to alter buffer sizes
Retired from Add-on dev
Rainbow 
Thanks BBB! Much appreciated

Myself and my extended family use your plugin/script daily Wink downloading would be a wonderful (and much needed from my father's side) addition. I owe you a drink if you're ever in Edinburgh.
Is it just me or is the scraper broken again? - Could be because BBC radio is moving over on to iplayer..

There only seems to be half the Radio 1 Listen again links in the list and they all seem to be broken links. If this isn't just me breaking my xbox could you fix it again for us BBB? Ta Big Grin
unfortunately, your right about the stations moving to the iPlayer.

the script scrapes the page ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/index_noframes.shtml ) for links depending on category, as you can see from this excerpt, several stations have now been commented out:

Code:
<div class="box"><h2>CHOOSE A RADIO STATION</h2></div>
<ul>
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/1xtra/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">1Xtra</a></li>-->
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/6music/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">6 Music</a></li>-->
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/asiannet/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Asian Network</a></li>-->
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/bbc7/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">BBC 7</a></li>
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/radio1/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio 1</a></li>-->
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/radio2/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio 2</a></li>-->
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/radio3/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio 3</a></li>

<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/radio4/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio 4</a></li>
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/fivelive/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Five Live</a></li>-->
<!--<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/sportsextra/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Five Live Sports Extra</a></li>-->
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/wservice/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">World Service</a></li>
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/cymru/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio Cymru</a></li>
<!-- <li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/foyle/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio Foyle</a></li> -->
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/nangaidheal/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio nan Gaidheal</a></li>
<!-- <li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/scotland/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio Scotland</a></li> -->
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/ulster/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio Ulster</a></li>
<!-- <li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/wales/audiolist.shtml" target="shows">Radio Wales</a></li> -->
<li><a href="/radio/aod/networks/localradio/list.shtml" target="shows">Local Radio Stations (40)</a></li>

</ul>

but there is an iPlayer script ...
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Script (and Plugin) BBC PodRadio2