Ok, can someone walk me through setting up a plugin?
I'm pretty new to XBMC or xbox modding in general. I've trying to add the joox plugin to my media sources, and I have no clue what I'm doing. I checked This description of the plugins, and from what I gather, I go to "Videos" where I have my directory and the options to read what's in the tray, what's in my video folders, etc etc. I hit Add Source, and point to the folder where "default.py" is located? In this case it would be apps/XBMC/plugins/video/joox NET or whatever it is. Is that correct?

I do that, and it shows the Joox NET folder on my directory of sources now. I click on it, and it opens the folder, hiding all the .py or .plx extensions it seems. All it shows is the two folders inside the directory, cache and resources, and home.dat file. Nothing else.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
1. Make sure you have the latest SVN version of XBMC. Get it via the downloader script in scripts.
2. Then simply drag and drop the appropriate subdirectory in the plugins directory as you're doing (make sure it's the latest version of the plugin - sometimes websites change and consequently plugins/scripts stop working).

Next goto the video section and select 'add source' (or press the white button and choose add source). Scroll down to video plugins, select your joox plugin and click ok.

That's you done.

TheBoxMan.
Hmm, ok.

I go to videos, I hit Add Source

It pops open a window saying:
Enter the paths or browse for the media locations.

I have the option to Browse, or Add.

I select browse. I find the path of the Joox folder. Now it says Enter the name of this media source. It defaults to Joox NET. I click ok. Now it appears on my Videos list as Joox NET, but when I click it, it just brings up the directory.

I just updated to the newest release of XBMC (November 11th, 07) and I just got the newest Joox script. I'm obviously doing something wrong, or I'm not seeing something I'm supposed to be seeing.
Add Source.

Browse.

Click on "Video Plugins"

Click done.

That will give you all the video plugins listed under the "Video Plugins" source.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ha, I knew I was missing something right infront of me. Thank you, that did it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ok, can someone walk me through setting up a plugin?0