Joox plugin update: Now with icons
C-Quel Wrote:Cancelling a download in the script before completion meant no half finished files in your folder, with plugins if your lucky enough to be able to get it to cancel can the file be removed?

I really searched for this... I don't know how to cancel the urlretrieve function from the "hook" callback function. The only thing that could be done is to invoke the download as a seperate thread and stop the thread instead... but this is somehow pretty messy and there could be problems with the file deletion - i don't know if urllib closes the file if i shut down the download thread. Nuka, do you know anything about that?
Cheers, Hagen
you check for an iscanceled() then raise an error is how i do it. or return false/true

Code:
def _report_hook( self, count, blocksize, totalsize ):
        percent = int( float( count * blocksize * 100) / totalsize )
        pDialog.update( percent, self.msg )
        if ( pDialog.iscanceled() ): raise

then in your download functions except:, check for isfile() and remove it.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:While you can use string id's 60000, XBMC reserves id's 30000-30999 for plugins, you might want to stick to that range.
Didn't know that. I will change that, thanks for the suggestion.
Nuka1195 Wrote:You can also localize the enum values, by using "lvalues" instead of "values".
I will look into that soon.

Nuka1195 Wrote:And the default for enums should be the position now, not the actual entry.
Will also change that, thanks

Nuka1195 Wrote:Edit2: Works pretty good, good job. I like the sort by year Smile One option if possible would be to paginate the results. like 25 per page. If possible. Otherwise good job.
Hmm, the pagination is doable, but I don't really like it that much. Especially because of the sort by year/alphabetically. You would get the 25 first movies by alphabet and sort them by year?
Nuka1195 Wrote:I also do not get any results from unconfirmed? can the confirmed/unconfirmed categories be skipped?
Sometimes there are no unconfirmed movies. You could skip it by entering the main category urls into the plx file. Just go to joox.net, copy the category urls and put them into the joox.plx file in the apropriate format.

Thanks for all the suggestions, Nuka.
in case you missed my answer look above Smile

Makes sense on the pagination
Nuka1195 Wrote:you check for an iscanceled() then raise an error is how i do it. or return false/true

Code:
def _report_hook( self, count, blocksize, totalsize ):
        percent = int( float( count * blocksize * 100) / totalsize )
        pDialog.update( percent, self.msg )
        if ( pDialog.iscanceled() ): raise

then in your download functions except:, check for isfile() and remove it.

Aaaaaah, I kept thinking there should be a cancel method in urllib or something. Sometimes I'm too blind to see the obvious.
Ah so there may be a solution Wink
Updated version 2.1 beta:
http://theendofthelongestline.de/xbox/do...tails.html

Implemented most of Nuka's suggestions and added a Noob Protection System™ to prevent people from executing the plugin as a script.
Quote:added a Noob Protection System™ to prevent people from executing the plugin as a script.

Interesting Smile
Quote:added a Noob Protection System™ to prevent people from executing the plugin as a script.

2 metal prongs automatically extend from your remote and rip your eyeballs from there sockets if you run it in scripts folder.

Or maybe just a dialog Smile either way thanks ill go test...
C-Quel Wrote:2 metal prongs automatically extend from your remote and rip your eyeballs from there sockets if you run it in scripts folder.

Or maybe just a dialog Smile either way thanks ill go test...

Just a dialog popping up, telling you what you did wrong and how to fix it instead of the Array index out of bounds error message which is really confusing for people. People who are then asking the same question over and over again here. Guess that was my mistake back then not to have thought of this. I guess everybody should put the NBS™ into their code to not confuse new users..
I was using the Joox script previously, but switched to the plugin last night after upgrading my version of XBMC.

I am having a great deal of trouble with the plugin though because while directories load very quickly, the loading directory pop up window hangs for a moment and will stay reading 'Retrieved 0 Items' until it times out and shows an empty directory. Where there are videos and directories, the number of directories will be indicated in the number of items retrieved, but the indicator won't go any further than this.

The network activity LED on my XBOX will show that there is some sort of data transfer taking place, but there does not seem to be any progress other than that.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm using the newest T3CH version of XBMC, BTW.
Same problem here, making it quite unusable Smile
Works ok for me.

In the plugin settings if you change the default player to DVDplayer then if you choose to download a movie it won't download but just playback. Downloading works fine when mediaplayer is selected.

Also is it possible for you to add a newly added movies section to the plugin?

Cheers.
The uncomfirmed directory isn't downloading any entries of the internet.

If I use the original Joox plugin (the one that didn't download thumbnails) or Joox script then I get entries in the unconfirmed directory.

Is this happening for other people as well?

Cheers.
Well, i know the Joox area inside the Navi-x script is working (meaning is that it's not the service apparently), but the last time i looked into the Unconfirmed directory with this one (3 days ago), it WAS blank, which i've used both recent updates since the last time i used it, and was working fine then. I'll try it now and see.

Ok, it's not working currently inside the 'Unconfirmed' folder. Confirmed shows video's. Thats with using the latest plugin release (1 or 2 days ago i believe.) Navi-X script "Unconfirmed" is working fine. So it must be something with the plugin coding. Maybe something changed since then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Joox plugin update: Now with icons0