Games library (with database), and extend scraper interpeter/engine to include games?
Rainbow 
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I thought I'd post a link to the XBMC Advanced Launcher. It's slowly taking shape into a pretty comprehensive games library with the ability to scrape data from other game websites.
Fantastic - thanks Rob!

I had all but given up on a clean integration with XBMC and my roms, but this looks pretty promising.
thanks jpreville,

i've seen this thread and installed it, but it's just another lancher with advantages and problems.
It becomes really confusing between severals plugin we can install to do the same thing. it could be a great step to centralize developments in one plugin.

just to summarize here is a list of plugins which are supposed to do this job :
- Rom Collection Browser
- Mame frontend (windows only for now)
- Launcher : (has a twin in french passion repo)
- Advanced Launcher
- EmuLauncher

the bigger difficulty is to know which plugins are still maintained.
perhaps dharma and new plugin system, could be a good event to clarify this kind of things.
I'm also looking into this. Did you manage to find out which plugin currently does the best job?
Well out of that list, if you'll only ever use ROMS and don't plan to launch PC games or firefox or anything like that with it, then maybe one of the emulator focused ones would be best...but I believe most of those use their own interface with view modes unique to that particular script, whereas launcher and advanced launcher are a bit more integrated into the XBMC gui...if that makes sense.

Launcher and advanced launcher both use the view modes offered by your skin of choice, nothing of their own, so the style at least integrates nicely no matter what. I don't believe launcher offers any benefits over Advanced launcher, advanced launcher is really just a continuation of development of regular launcher, except by a different author (after the original author of launcher stopped working on it), which is the reason behind the name change I believe. Perhaps important to note is that advanced launcher does not support many of the more specialized extras for emulator ROMS such as flyers, but it does support fanart, boxart, and (I think) screenshots, as well as game info. At least some of the emulator focused addons DO support all the extras however, so if that is important to you, you should probably use one of them.

Hope that helps some and wasn't too wordy, I tend to ramble. I don't know much about the status of any of the emulator addons unfortunately.
Thanks. From the looks of it Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser are the most interesting. Besides roms I also want the ability to play windows games but if that's through a different view/plugin then I don't mind. I see both have scraping but do you perhaps know if there is movie support as preview in stead of screenshots?

All my rom collections are accompanied by matching coverart, boxart and ingame movie. I want to be able to display these for each game. Any suggestions?
I don't know of anything that supports movies, but then I've only briefly played around with any of the strictly emulator addons.
X1pheR Wrote:All my rom collections are accompanied by matching coverart, boxart and ingame movie. I want to be able to display these for each game. Any suggestions?
I may not be 100% objective but in this scenario I would recommend RCB.

Assuming your collections are properly named (artwork and videos use the same naming as the roms) you should be able to import and view all this data in RCB. You can also combine this with online scraping of game info and missing artwork or use offline game descriptions.

But atm most of this stuff has to be configured manually in the configuration file. Only basic configurations can be done with the UI (but it is worked on this continuously).

You can also add your PC games to RCB but this requires manual configuration, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games library (with database), and extend scraper interpeter/engine to include games?1