Short video showing the XBMC library in use
I've noticed a lot of people aren't taking advantage of the library mode in XBMC. You're missing out if you aren't using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amNvWnGrew

I know I'm preaching to the choir for the most part but XBMC has so many awesome features that I can't help it. Smile The library mode is worth the effort of making sure your movie and tv shows are named properly and your mp3's are correctly tagged.
great work there Smile
Nice job.
Couple of minor issues though... You didn't showcase full wide icons for TV shows (always a stunner Smile ) and you don't have thumbs for seasons! No
Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Nice job.
Couple of minor issues though... You didn't showcase full wide icons for TV shows (always a stunner Smile ) and you don't have thumbs for seasons! No
Cool

Yeah, I should have flipped through the different views on the TV shows.

I do have folder.jpg's for my episodes but they aren't wide ones so I haven't put them to the library.

I don't like the way they look on the top banner:

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to making wide thumbs. Big Grin Or maybe there is some way to ignore the season thumbs for the top banner and just use the main tv show wide icon?
i didnt either.

which is why i changed that a week back..............
spiff Wrote:i didnt either.

which is why i changed that a week back..............

Awesome. Time for me to get a new build.
No need for wide season thumbs... IMHO "Media View" is the best season view.
(I wrote that before I fully understood why you don't use them... but it's still true Smile )
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Personally...I use nothing but Library Mode - never could figure why so many people still use file mode (which I only use to setup new additions).

And yes...Wide icons for TVShows rock!!!!!

I'd like to use wide for season icons, but the view seems weird (Media 2) without some text in the panel beside the icons. Don't think TV mode can have season overviews of text?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
LaTropa64, if i may, i noticed that your library shows some 596 movies.
I was wondering how this works?
I mean, is it simply the library showing every movie that passed through the xbox at some point or do you have some set up with a very big HD or external source?
They are all stored on my media server and streamed through smb. Most are avi's or dvd iso's. I've got a computer setup with a bunch of hdd's in it. It doubles as my media server and torrentwhore machine.

I just use the multipath option in xbmc to keep them all under one bookmark. It would probably be smarter if I would setup a raid array because the way I have it now, there are no backups if I lose a drive... but I'm too cheap to waste even one hdd in RAID5. It has taken me almost 2 years just to acquire those 4 drives.
KidKiwi Wrote:Personally...I use nothing but Library Mode - never could figure why so many people still use file mode (which I only use to setup new additions).

I've only just started to play around with the video library mode. The problem I have with it is how closely the TV side is tied into the scrapers. For example. I have a back of a DVD. Al Murry's Shooting with Both Barrels. It's one of his live stand up performances. It's not an episode, or a movie and hasn't been on TV so it can't be entered into thetvdb.com and although it's on IMDB I don't want to enter into the movie library. As far as I can gather there is no simple way of just entering it in.

Maybe I need to play with the library a bit more though.
Is there a way to disable the Title/Genre/Year/Actors/Directors selection screen? I love library mode but just want to always use Title mode and want to skip that screen.
@punking, there is no good way currently (apart from exporting your library, adding the "show" manually" and reimporting). I know Spiff has plans to implement this.. I guess you better get on his good side Smile

@druuna, not that I know of, but I would sure appreciate it.
(e.g. via flatten option in advancedsettings.xml)
druuna Wrote:Is there a way to disable the Title/Genre/Year/Actors/Directors selection screen? I love library mode but just want to always use Title mode and want to skip that screen.

yeah its so annoying:p
thanks. people calling my stuff annoying is exactly the reason i put in all the hard work to get it in there......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short video showing the XBMC library in use0