Short video showing the XBMC library in use
sho Wrote:I know Spiff has plans to implement this.. I guess you better get on his good side Smile

Thanks for the reply Sho. I've been using the XBMC since the days when it was just the XBOX media player and I've only posted a few questions during all that time. But I think I've p****d Spiff off with almost every one of those questions. So it may be too late for that.
Too late, nah. Getting cheap beer over the border of a certain Scandinavian country will definately help though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
spiff Wrote:thanks. people calling my stuff annoying is exactly the reason i put in all the hard work to get it in there......

obviously not remark made against all the hardwork put into xbmc, sometimes there are just too many features Smile
Customization is the key in my mind. You can't expect a feature to be useful for everyone. I think developers/contributors should be aware of this. While at the same time, users/critics should also be aware of the time and effort put in by others (for free).
sho Wrote:@punking, there is no good way currently (apart from exporting your library, adding the "show" manually" and reimporting).

So you if you were adding a show you have to export the library, make the addition to that and then import the whole library again? You can't just create an xml for the one show and import that so it goes into the database?

If manually adding a show how do you get it to use the banner in the folder of the show on an external drive? Say the short example below is a show I want to add to the exported library.

<tvshow>
<title>EXAMPLE</title>
<rating>0.000000</rating>
<year>0</year>
<top250>0</top250>
<season>-1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<displayseason>-1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
<votes></votes>
<outline></outline>
<plot>blah blah blah</plot>
<tagline></tagline>
<runtime></runtime>
<thumb>WHAT GOES HERE TO GET BANNER FROM NETWORK DRIVE</thumb>
<mpaa></mpaa>
<watched>false</watched>
<file></file>
<path>smb://COMP/example/example</path>
Great video - thanks! Just one question, how do you get the new media listed where the RSS feed is?

I've looked, but can't find any info on it anywhere!
personal mod not in xbmc
spiff Wrote:personal mod not in xbmc

Thanks spliff - can anyone point me in the direction of the info that will let me do this?

Thanks!
generate the rss xml file.

point your xbmc to it using rssfeeds.xml
punking Wrote:So you if you were adding a show you have to export the library, make the addition to that and then import the whole library again?
Yes
punking Wrote:You can't just create an xml for the one show and import that so it goes into the database?
No, that's the bit Spiff plans to implement at a future date. Finding the correct and appropriate pressure is a puzzle I will leave to you (Warning! Might involve illegal activities).

punking Wrote:If manually adding a show how do you get it to use the banner in the folder of the show on an external drive?
I haven't actually had the opportunity to play with this. At the time I wanted to do this:
a) Specials weren't supported and that's why I really wanted/needed it.
b) It was borked, possibly because of my use of multipaths.

Since then there have been improvements made to the import/export code, plus TV show specials support and I haven't had the time nor inclination to retest.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
spiff Wrote:generate the rss xml file.

point your xbmc to it using rssfeeds.xml

Yep, I started doing it about a year ago when we still had to manually add each new movie and show to the database so I would remember what I had to scan in.

Although, now that it is so easy to keep the library updated, it would be cool if it could be automatic based on recent additions to the database: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=27922&page=4
Import only overwrites stuff that you are importing. So yes, it can be used to add things.

TV Shows need a little bit more than just that bit of XML though - do an export to see the format (you need the <episode> stuff as well).

Cheers,
Jonathan

i didnt disagree on it being cool and i saw the feature request. which means it will probably pop up when i'm inspired

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short video showing the XBMC library in use0