KODI IOS APP on Windows
All,
I have windows server 2011 and I am trying to use the KODI app I installed on my Iphone. I have also tried using Sybu Kodi, and Constellation.
I have installed Bonjour so the Zeroconf will enable. I have everything else turned on for seeing other devices and letting my Kodi be controlled by other devices.
I have no problems with the app with Linux but no luck with windows. I have tried changing the port in Kodi to 8080 and also disabling the firewall.
Any help I can get would be appreciated.
Thank you all for your help
Your not being quite clear. Are you trying to access / playback media on your Windows server with Kodi on your phone?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
My apologies. I am trying to gain control of Kodi via the IOS app. I can play back media get into the menus or whatever I want just like pointing to it with a remote. The other thing I can do with it is wake on lan at least with the linux version I could. I have a tv hooked up to the windows server via hdmi but it is in another room from the TV. That's why I want the control via the app on the Iphone or Ipad.
Let me know if you need any other information and thank you for your quick response.
I use an app called "Official Kodi remote" on my iPhone 5 and works with Windows server attached to my TV.
smera,
Thank you for the response. I have the same app on my phone and no luck. Did yours work without having to make any changes?
Can you access kodi's web server from the web browser on your phone?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nickr,
Yes I can. I put in the IP of my server and then :8080 and it goes right to it. I have tried leaving everything blank on the app and hitting find Kodi and also putting in the name of the server, the IP address and the port 8080 and the user name of kodi and it says "no instances of kodi found".
Thank you for your help on this
Ok well we have a connection then. Can you check all your relevant kodi settings? http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_phone/tablet
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So I have double checked all of the Kodi settings and still nothing. I have shut off windows firewall so I know that's no the issue. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hi Kodypie,

Do you use a static ip address on the windows server end?
If not, try setting a static ip and retry the remote app.
Yes, I did set a static IP on the windows server. I am baffled at this. It shouldn't be this hard.
Thank you for your help, as soon as I can click a thank user button I will
Yeah, really cant think of anything else, frankly
Doing a packet capture may be the next step.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI IOS APP on Windows0