Mono downmix
This is just a simple suggestion. Some of the TV's I use Xbox's on are only mono and the Xbox doesn't seem to feature an option for a mono down mix, so I'm left having to connect one of the audio outs into the one input on the mono TV and losing one channel. With some sources, the mix can have certian sounds or even entire parts of dialogue in only one channel of the stereo mix and it could get cut off.

So I'm just suggesting a simple toggle in the sound options to enable a mono downmix so that the L and R outputs from the Xbox actually output the same mono downmix on either channel.
This is cheap and would be alot easier...
Y adapter:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index....age=family
actually I've found those as cheap as $.99 at meijer (if you have one of those) or maybe wal-mart
spaz7986 Wrote:This is cheap and would be alot easier...
Y adapter:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index....age=family

I've found that those present certian issues with the downmix. A normal downmix to mono would merge 50% of L and %50 of R. A cable like that merges 100% of both to make a signal that is twice as loud as it should be, and it's given me some issues with clipping.
It would be cool to be able to downmix to mono i agree. I was just trying to find an easy solution for you... (i've never tried what i suggested)
I mostly noticed that problem when using TV out on my laptop to one of my mono TVs using the cable you suggested. It worked fine in most cases, however certian sources had stereo mix in the background with dialogue that was monoaural and fairly loud in both channels. When mixed together the dialogue would clip and it sounded pretty aweful. Ultimatly, I just told FFDShow's audio decoder to downmix to mono and the results were just fine.
In the MS Dash you can set output to mono I believe?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mono downmix0