How do I Backup and Restore Aeon Nox?
I can't seem to get this whole backup and restore function working correctly.
I have spent hours customizing my Aeon Nox skin and now when I want to move it to another system either the submenu doesn't transfer over or every setting I have created does not seem to function like it did on the system that I have backed it up on.

What is more frustrating is that sometimes everything randomly works through the backup/restore process, while other times it does not and I have to manually copy over guisettings.xml's and other xml's such as settings.xml from the addon_data.

how do I properly backup and restore my aeon nox files?

Thanks
From my OneNote notes (this is in addition to the obvious stuff):

addon_data/script.skin_shortcuts contains the submenu definitions. The addon also writes script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml to the 1080i directory! Important for backups.
Have sorted this out yet? I just use the 'BackUp' program from the Kodi repository....works spot-on everytime. The only thing I do, is have one back up for Android devices and another for Windows devices, as the Kodi directory structures are different, so it saves any complications with moving to different kinds of devices. (Note: make sure all radio buttons are ticked in the File Selection tab in Backup settings when backing up/restoring, that's what caused my first attempts to mess up... by default it leaves a couple unchecked)
I haven't fully sorted out, like I said it is hit and miss some days it works perfectly, other days it does not. I have found the folders and made note that I may need to manually transfer them over if the backup doesn't take 100%
So when you do your custom backgrounds etc, do you put them in the Aeon Nox folder structure? (eg. for Android, my backgrounds for each category go in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.5/backgrounds/BACKGROUNDS) the final uppercase folder 'BACKGROUNDS' in one I created for all my custom images. When you do the backup, this folder is also included in the zip file so all the links you've put in the appearance of the categories work ok.

When I first dabbled with doing my own build, my images were in another folder elsewhere on the device so wouldn't restore/appear properly (even though I'd ticked 'Custom Directory' in the Backup options)

One other thing, before restoring your build onto the new device - make sure you enable 'view hidden files' in Kodi settings.
(2016-09-11, 11:17)crawfish Wrote: From my OneNote notes (this is in addition to the obvious stuff):

addon_data/script.skin_shortcuts contains the submenu definitions. The addon also writes script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml to the 1080i directory! Important for backups.

I'm pretty sure this will solve my issue, thanks, also I'm wondering if the process is the same for upgrading to v17. I'll be experimenting today

thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I Backup and Restore Aeon Nox?0