Realtime convert DTS to Dolby digital 5.1?
(2016-11-04, 13:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 11:05)nickr Wrote: If you are trying to run kodi on an android TV, my advice is - don't.

Buy a $40 s905 box, install libreelec, be happy :-)
I'm with nickr, step quietly hastily away from the cheap Android Kodi boxes platform for decent Audio support for the time being.

Fritsch gets more and more gloomy with every Android Kodi Audio code commit I see these days, muttering words like "We all be doomed !"
I'm just thinking of his long term health here. Wink

So glad i bought a $40.00 Odroid C2 with Android 5.1.1 lollipop. No complaint at all. I read a lot of positive review about libreeelec... can't wait to try it. appreciate guys all the hard work.
I even added a smiley...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-11-04, 15:47)Etzi Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 12:47)kinggo Wrote: And I would gladly accept inferior 384 AC3 because it is still way better than DTS downmixed to stereo.

Me too, but I really doubt it will ever happen...

I've been using Kodi 17 since alpha 3 or so on my FireTV, noticed the change in passthrougth and am following the according threads here. With the current beta 5 I've come accross the transcode option (which I missed since I'd set the channels to 5.1 instead 2 Confused ). After testing this on a few movies I can't complain about the results it's giving me here: 5.1 channels from each DTS stream.

Or am I missing something different here ... Huh
(2016-11-05, 19:55)Holger Kühn Wrote: Or am I missing something different here ... Huh

Some (MediaTek Android TV platform for example) devices dislike bitrate of that produced AC3 stream and refuse to pass it trough...
Can you please try the resulting build of: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/9894/ it will appear here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/ and will have ac3 in its name
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can't. I'm far and away from all of my tech and it will be like that for the next few weeks. Or more. Etzi?
BTW, thanks. Whatever the outcome is.
Here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk for the record.
(2016-11-10, 16:01)kinggo Wrote: I can't. I'm far and away from all of my tech and it will be like that for the next few weeks. Or more. Etzi?
BTW, thanks. Whatever the outcome is.

Will try, but sideloading APK´s are quite tricky on Philips TV`s, they strictly disallow it...
Nevertheless, I will try to install it as I do have couple tricks to try in my sleeves... Cool

I do have to get home first...will report result back (even if I fail to install it)...
Quick question though, will it overwrite Google Play beta version or will instal Side-by-side? Angel
It will overwrite it (I think), but no idea to be honest (remember I don't have any android devices, just writing audio code)
It will overwrite and you keep your settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-11-10, 18:03)Martijn Wrote: It will overwrite and you keep your settings

Ack...thx...
Result is...silence (when ac3 transcoding is enabled)... Big Grin

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23456866

Minor improvement though, it does not hang...when AC3 transcoding is switched on...

Sidenote, my Philips TV seems to allow unknown sources just fine, it even does have menu option for it...
So I have no idea what other folks are talking about on XDA forum...
Not funny, that means - it's not the bitrate. Can you triple verify by opening playerdebug? CTL-o combination and check the audio bitrate?
(2016-11-10, 18:59)fritsch Wrote: Not funny, that means - it's not the bitrate. Can you triple verify by opening playerdebug? CTL-o combination and check the audio bitrate?

Hehe, how to do it with TV remote Huh
Anyway will try...

Got it:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realtime convert DTS to Dolby digital 5.1?1