TV Tuner directly on Raspberry
Can I connect a tv tuner (like usb tv tuners and such) directly on to my Raspberry running Kodi and then with an addon watch live TV ?

I am just asking for this specific solution. I already know that I can use Tvheadend as a backend or PVR simple for that.

I just want to learn if connecting a tv tunner is feasible.
Yes but you will still need to use a backend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-16, 02:09)nickr Wrote: Yes but you will still need to use a backend.

Why is that ?
Because kodi doesn't have support for PVR without a backend (with the exception of IPTV-Simple, but that doesn't record, so isn't really PVR - R=Recorder)

Just to be clear here, the backend can be on the same machine. LibreELEC has backends for VDR and TVHeadend in their kodi addon repo. I imagine you can also install them on OSMC given that it has access to the debian repos.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-16, 08:45)nickr Wrote: Because kodi doesn't have support for PVR without a backend (with the exception of IPTV-Simple, but that doesn't record, so isn't really PVR - R=Recorder)

Just to be clear here, the backend can be on the same machine. LibreELEC has backends for VDR and TVHeadend in their kodi addon repo. I imagine you can also install them on OSMC given that it has access to the debian repos.

And by using a frontend and backend on the raspberry i can also connect the tv tuner on top of it ?
Yes. There is a guide to setting it all up here. Basically, plug tuner into RPi, then follow the guide, skipping the setup bits you've already done.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tuner directly on Raspberry0