• 2(current)
[RELEASE] ZDF Mediathek Plugin - German Television
Wink 
I've invested my weekend to script a plugin that can extract data from "ZDF-Mediathek". You found it here: http://blog.raptor2101.de/wp-content/upl...iathek.zip (need Dharma/Addonmanager...)

Pay attention this is a pre beta release Wink just finished hacking. In the next weeks there will be some changes. I plan to support ARD an the third-programms (WDR, etc) as well. Additionally i want to put this an an repository (officially or my own...).Here is a detailed list of the planed features:
  • choose-able streamtypes - for example choose between mp4 and asx or so...
  • choose-able quality - actually it's hard-coded to "veryhigh"
  • support for additional programms
  • repository-source
And yes your guess was right, they change the way how the site works and how they deliver the files. I can't get XMBC neither VLC to play the mp4 files. (exapmle-stream ). A short google-tripp shows up that they deliver a "Flash-optimized" mp4-Container instead of "real" mp4/x264. So i have to rely on the Windows-Media-Streams
ooh nice work! Smile thx!
i will test it out tonight and report back!

i also had a look at their site to see what got changed and found out that they switched to rtmp and as far as i know, rtmp is only added to XBMC's "DVDPlayer" video-player core, not to MPlayer? i might be wrong though
Celox Wrote:ooh nice work! Smile thx!
i will test it out tonight and report back!
That would be nice...

Celox Wrote:rtmp is only added to XBMC's "DVDPlayer" video-player core, not to MPlayer? i might be wrong though

That might be true, the fact is, if a hand over the "link" to the player (item.playable) i get the Error-Message in the log, it's unplayable. If this is cause by the "flash-extended" mp4 - container (they use h234 as well as i know) or by the missing support for rtmp, it doesn't matter. But as i understand the thread, xbmc support rtmp.
raptor: nice! i miss plugins from german tv stations in xbmc, so it's good to hear someone is working on it.
please keep us updated!
thanks.
Ok i'am on the Move. It takes me more time than i assumed to understand how ARD is delivering data. Dig through a "Flash/Ajax only" is more complicate than simple parsing HTML ... nevertheless i'am trough and able to extract the data.

Additional i find a way to play rtms files in XBMC: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45938
I don't check if this work's for ZDF but with ARD - Streams it works well..
Ok here are the next version. I added support for the ARD - Mediathek and to extract rtms-links. On the downside the handling of the ZDFMediathek is realy slow. I have to parse 2 files per video to get to the rtms link (the only one who realy works)

what happens next? I planning to add a (system) background-script wo constantly cash the AJAX/XML pages, to reduce the penalty for downloading some data. Additionaly there have to be some Userdefined-Settings.

so keep up testing:
http://blog.raptor2101.de/wp-content/upl...iathek.zip
I get a 404 on the link. Can you reupload it/ fix the link?
sry was busy the past few days, had to re-install my main rig Sad
will get back to testing as soon as its running

btw im also getting an 404 error Confused
oh sorry i made a typo, here is the correct link:
http://blog.raptor2101.de/wp-content/upl...iathek.zip
Works like a charm - thanks buddy !
Raptor 2101 Wrote:Ok here are the next version. I added support for the ARD - Mediathek and to extract rtms-links.

how can i use the ard mediathek? all i see is the zdf content.
simple reinstall the plugin

i have no versioning in my current releases so this may makes trouble
i did - but same result.

all i see (on the mainpage of the plugin) is:

Startseite
Nachrichten
Sendung verpasst?
LIVE
Sendungen A-Z
Rubriken
Themen
check if insight the zipfile is a ard.py and zdf.py. If not, clear your local cache an download the file again.
Raptor 2101 Wrote:check if insight the zipfile is a ard.py and zdf.py. If not, clear your local cache an download the file again.
problem solved ...

thanks ...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ZDF Mediathek Plugin - German Television3