• 4(current)
[RELEASE] ZDF Mediathek Plugin - German Television
you boot use Windows?

Seems strange, on my version (linx-dharma2) this links runs fine.

The problem is, i try to "prefere" rtms links, you platform seem to be unable to play rtms-streams although the links are korrekt... in the next few minutes i will release a new version with choose able "mediatypes"
I am using Windows 7 32bit and Dharma Beta 3 ...

One more thing.

nokohl and I said that we can see all the content. Thats not right. For me I can see all, except "Sendungen von A-Z" (ARD Mediathek). If I click on it I see the 0-9, A, B etc., but get a script error, if I click on one of them ...
@sonic00: regarding to your error (SubMenus of "Sendungen von A-Z") i missed, that this sites have a different markup. I have to check, how they pass the video-link into the flash-player. i will solve this tomorrow (if my new hardware won't arrive... *hrrrr*)

to the zdf-playing problem: i added a function to define a "prefered" type. This function is in a way unfinished. I have no real "strategy", if a source miss this type. And i don't care about the ratio. ZDF distribute some formats in both 4:3 and 16:9 ratio. I will fix this as son as posible

additional i add (i have some time bevor you error-reports bumping inWink) the ARTE-Mediathek. Their servers are very crappy but you will see...

you will found the new Plugin here: http://xbmc.raptor2101.de/plugin.video.Mediathek.zip

PS: ARD uses a wide range of formats, but a single source normally only supports on streaming-format. If this is rtms your out... ARTE instead seems to deliver rtms-streams only. So we have to found out, why your XBMC-install don't play this streams.
Ok, quick update.

ZDF runs good (just some directories wont load - it loading some files and than stops, but no script error).

ARD runs not so good ;-) I can just play some videos ... (tried HTTP, MOV and MMS)

ARTE runs bad, I can see all directories but as soon as I click on one of them, I get the script error ...

But I have to say, its good to see, that you still work on it. I just can guess how hard it is to code that kind of script ...
sonic00 Wrote:Ok, quick update.
ZDF runs good (just some directories wont load - it loading some files and than stops, but no script error).
To avoid this, i introduce the background script (currently broken) there seems to be a problem with the python implementation of xbmc have some trouble with my script

sonic00 Wrote:ARD runs not so good ;-) I can just play some videos ... (tried HTTP, MOV and MMS)
As a writen bevore. Some videos are delivered in rtms only. So the setup (HTTP<->MMS) has no effect if they don't offer such a alternative

sonic00 Wrote:ARTE runs bad, I can see all directories but as soon as I click on one of them, I get the script error ...
Same as ARD but they only deliver RTMS.

Did you try the xbmc-live-cd? Are these videos playable from this version?
Hi nice work!
The plugin runs good on my Debian machine.

Is it possible to add some licence information - so the addon can find its way into some repositories?

p_body
p_body Wrote:Hi nice work!
The plugin runs good on my Debian machine.

so no problems with rtmp- streams from arte/zdf?

p_body Wrote:Is it possible to add some licence information - so the addon can find its way into some repositories?

p_body

i'am working on it. In a few days i will release my "unofficial" repo. At this time, the the plugins will have their license-textes... (GPLv3) and maybe find its way into the official repo
as promised, now i introduce my development-repo. You can install it with this zip: http://xbmc.raptor2101.de/repository.raptor2101.zip

there are some small upgrades to the mediathek-plugin.

sorry cause a lack of time, there are no icons, fanarts or changelog, they will follow...

@p_body: license-information is added. All released under GPLv3. If some packater need some other license (for certain reasons) feel free to contact me.
thanks for the repo Smile
I could not install the zip file via xbmc's addon browser. I had to create a subfolder in the addons folder and put the extracted addons.xml into it. Maybe it's because of the missing checksum?!
MaxMustermann Wrote:thanks for the repo Smile
I could not install the zip file via xbmc's addon browser. I had to create a subfolder in the addons folder and put the extracted addons.xml into it. Maybe it's because of the missing checksum?!

Same thing on my side. Manual install works though.

Thanks for your work, Raptor !
no i uploaded the wrong "repository.raptor2101.zip". i fixed it.
I added support for 3Sat and found out why rtms streams don't run under windows.
The library who "plays" rtms seems to offer some "drm" stuff (like checking integrity of the player) and the Linux pendant don't do this ...
nice, looking forward to test the new version.

are u planning to support private tv stations like rtl, vox, sat1,... too?
marv_el Wrote:nice, looking forward to test the new version.

are u planning to support private tv stations like rtl, vox, sat1,... too?

hmm i tough about it and i already release a video.plugin for a private "broadcaster" (the gamestar plugin). Basically i have a lot of names in my list to support but with the privates you have several problems:
  1. Advertising: they normaly don't put the ads in the video. The Flashplayer add the ads-files. So if i get direct access to the movie-files, i get rid of this bullshit. Imagine how happy they would be about this fact...
  2. DRM: motstly the player applys some DRM. For example maxdome uses some special MS -Copyprotection. It is "forbidden" to get around ore give others the possibility to get around this.
  3. Law-Suite: all this leads to the fact, that i probatly need a laywer...

put these three things together and you know it will takes a long time till i implement the privates
i take a quick look trough the websites from RTL, Pro7, SAT1 and VOX. Can anyone shot their web-designers... Purple should be erased from the color-pallet...

as i assumed before some files are "stretched" with ads and more important "copy protected". After a first try, i was able to call a videostream directly (bypassing the ads). Regarding to this article (in german) anyone who publish this, needs a good lawyer or a host in "burkina-faso"

second: i quick checked the "offering" videos. Except the german-self-produced series (containing regardless actor-quality, awasome sfx and incredible image quality ...*hust*) everything watchable is limited to max one week and only one TV-Show per Series is available... From my site: this cost me to much work for nothing...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ZDF Mediathek Plugin - German Television3