[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] MPlayer porting to XBMC for Linux/Mac/Windows?

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
motd2k Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Posts: 666
Joined: Dec 2008
Reputation: 0
Location: England
Post: #91
renatoriolino, furthermore, posting bug reports (following the stickied guidelines) will allow us to improve dvdplayer.
find quote
davilla Offline
Retired-Team-XBMC Developer
Posts: 11,508
Joined: Feb 2008
Reputation: 64
Post: #92
renatoriolino Wrote:Hi. I've been using MythTv and Geexbox for while and than I found XBMC. After grabbing some info about it I've decided to try it. I removed MythTv from my PC and installed Ubuntu 8.10 + Atlantis 8.10. I just fall in love with the clean and beatiful GUI and the scrapers are AMAZING.

But besides of all of this, today I am returning to GeexBox because dvdplayer can play only 10% of my video collection. All the other 90% I got frame drops and audio sync issues (CPU is below 20%) because somehow the dvdplayers codecs can't correctly decode my videos. Mplayer play all perfect.

I wish there were some way to use XBMC GUI and scrappers with mplayer as backend. It would be a dream.

I know that must be a lot of difficults to integrate both, but I simple way to call my system mplayer passing the movie as parameter would already be better then falling back to geexbox/mythtv IMO.

Thanks

It would be helpful to know the video encoding format (not container) of your video content. It could be you had something misconfigured too.


MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
renatoriolino Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 2009
Reputation: 0
Post: #93
davilla Wrote:It would be helpful to know the video encoding format (not container) of your video content. It could be you had something misconfigured too.

I have uploaded a debug log here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=296250

I'll do a search for the external player.

Thanks!!
find quote
davilla Offline
Retired-Team-XBMC Developer
Posts: 11,508
Joined: Feb 2008
Reputation: 64
Post: #94
Since you are using Atlantis 8.10, it's very possible that many of those problems are fixed in svn. Since you are running Ubuntu, you might give the svn-ppa a try.


MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
Post Reply