Unable to access RPi3 over network
Hope you guys can help. I installed LibreELEC image onto mSD card and booted up, changed device name from LibreELEC to RPi3, rebooted... but, even though I can see it on my home network, I'm getting this error...

Any ideas? Tried //RPi3 and //IP.address to no avail.

Is there a another way to apply the latest .tar update besides dropping into 'Update' folder via network?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Best guess... make sure your workgroup is WORKGROUP.

Alternatively, "cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /storage/.config/samba.conf" and change the workgroup property in /storage/.config/samba.conf to match that of your PC (reboot to take effect).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-10-01, 17:45)hdmkv Wrote: Any ideas? Tried //RPi3 and //IP.address to no avail.
Use "\\" in the ip address, not "//" as you indicated.
Sorry, meant to say \\
I'll try @Milhouse's suggestions.

Thanks.
My HT
You can use scp to transfer the upgrade file. Looks like you are using windows, try winscp.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In my experience, there is always some problem or another when trying to access a Samba server with Windows. Either one can be configured incompatible with the other. As the default setting, Windows assumes that you are using the same username & password combo on both ends. You would need to either change the settings to match or use the windows' credential manager to manually add the samba server login details.

Probably would be easier to use scp or sftp like previously suggested. Bitwise SSH client is free and has both the sftp and ssh console clients, not that there's anything wrong with Winscp. Putty probably has a scp client too.
Ended up trying another Windows 10 PC, a laptop on wi-fi, and worked fine. Guessing some recent Windows 10 updates screwed up something on my main, wired desktop PC.
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access RPi3 over network0