[RELEASE] SurfTheChannel.com (Video) Plugin - View TV Shows Online
Thumbs Up 
Hi everybody, here is a new plugin for accessing surfthechannel.com, another TVLinks clone.
It is a plugin, not a script. Don't ever dare to execute this as a script from the scripts window. Especially do not ask about this here. If the bug you would like to report is something like "Dude, it just gives me list index out of range", you probably got it wrong. Instead, search around a bit in the documentation and learn how to use plugins.
Before asking about problems with this script here, please see with a browser if the selected video/category works here. If the videos are dead links, the script can't do anything agains it. Please ALWAYS supply a link to the tv show/episode that isn't working when posting bugs.
I wasn't able to test this too much, because stc is very slow right now because it was on digg.
have fun with this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/64553443/sur...el.com.zip
Or grab it here if you don't like rapidshare:
http://theendofthelongestline.de/xbox/do.../index.php
Would it be possible to post your stuff somewhere besides rapid share?
nate12o6 Wrote:Would it be possible to post your stuff somewhere besides rapid share?

I don't have any university server any more. I'm too lazy to find something else. Give me a host where I can upload something via html form with 2 clicks and have a download counter and I'll use it.

Edit: It should also be reliable and stay there forever so people won't see dead links in half a year or so.
sweet , thanx ..
always good to see new plugins.. thx

and your right... it is slow! "painfully slow"...
C-Quel Wrote:and your right... it is slow! "painfully slow"...
Regarding the stream, there's not much I can do about it. Regarding the listings: I'm working on a small database-like module that stores the video urls and the episode infos so the plugin doesn't need to fetch them every time.
good work

but are any off the streams watchable as i can't find any, there all jerky
They're all the same. They all come from their weird proxy. As I said it was on digg recently.
Thank you for your great work.
Unbehagen Wrote:I don't have any university server any more. I'm too lazy to find something else. Give me a host where I can upload something via html form with 2 clicks and have a download counter and I'll use it.

Edit: It should also be reliable and stay there forever so people won't see dead links in half a year or so.

I just dropped a Joomla on some cheap webspace:
http://theendofthelongestline.de/xbox/in...2&Itemid=3
Greg Unbehagen, like the site and a great point for all of your scripts.
Hey Unbehagen, awesome plugin. A lot of media available. I don't know why but everything seems to load up fine, some thumbnails even show up. But when it comes to playing, it goes up all the way to say caching, but then it fails. Maybe I need to adjust some settings, I just got the XBMC SVN 11-04-07 version.
Does this plugin still work, I have a fairly new build, but nothing happens, when I run it?
eilz Wrote:Does this plugin still work, I have a fairly new build, but nothing happens, when I run it?

Surfthechannel seems to have changed their videos. Once they had their own webserver/proxy that used to pass the videos through, now videos are directly embedded, which is a lot of work to implement again. Anyone want to learn how to write plugins using regular expressions? I don't have much time and I won't fix all the plugins, especially not the ones that I'm not using that much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SurfTheChannel.com (Video) Plugin - View TV Shows Online0