• 29(current)
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)
.. doesn't work for me neither.
Is this build "official" final? There's no announcement and it's still labeled "beta3".

regards
f.
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
no it won't, because the T3CH build filename has been changed from its usual format, which was parsed and used throu-out the script.

Firstly it won't find it on his web page (which is a simple enough fix) but then as the filename doesn't have a date it can't be determined if it's newer than what your currently running. Its also 96mb big and doubt even switching to the lowest mem use skin/resolution will free up enough ram to be able to unpack that rar.

Hopefully he'll go back to the normal filename for the next release, otherwise a big change will have to be coded.

Sad

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB,

cromity123 Wrote:I keep getting the error "No T3ch build could be found!" then click OK and it closes, so I can't get to the menu to "Change to a different t3ch" etc.

yeah, assuming this behaviour is by design I also would appreciate if this could be fixed. Even if no further updates will come it would be nice to easly switch between the different builds.

I wordarounded it so far in just unplugging my Xbox'es network cable and waiting till the Updater runs into a timeout - at least it keeps running then.

Though my attempt to manually download the new build, renaming it into a 'proper' updater' format and pushing it to the xbox didn't help, as the build couldn't be unpacked properly. SO I did the job manually as well (also copy the user settings) and just left the switching to the new release to the updater script.

BTW: another thing which confuses me. In the readme of the new release I find "+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7.4 SCRIPT".

When I ran the script to find an update (1.7.3 actually) it tells me that I have the latest version!?
OK, as I said a couple of posts above, the script now has some problems with latest T3CH build.

1) The build archive filename has changed so it can't find a match for the latest on the T3CH homepage.

2) It needs to be able to parse out the build date from the filename in order to compare it against what your running to determine if its newer. It has no date.

3) Its now 96mb big, so regardless of what low mem useage skin/rez you switch to , theres not enough xbox ram to unrar.

Ideally the T3CH builds need to return to a smaller archive in the old filename, the old filename may return but the file size will probably remain (due to the extra skins now included).

I'm going to work on the script to try and accommodate a few things, eg If it can't find a new archive (of old filename format) but does find something, it will offer you the option of downloading (and renaming) anyway.

If you still want to use script in its current form.

1) Manually download build to you PC
2) Rename to the format XBMC-YYYY-MM-DD.rar
3) Open it and remove skins that you don't use , reducing size to approx 50mb
4) ftp to the folder where script normally downloads too (eg C:\apps)
5) Run script and install from local archive.

Alternatively:

1) Download
2) unpack rar
3) [optional] remove unwanted skins
4) repack as a ZIP
This is because the routine that unpacks zips uses memory better and should be able to cope with much larger archives sizes.
5) ftp to xbox (c:\apps) as XBMC-YYYY-MM-DD.zip
6) run script - and install from that new ZIP archive which should now be shown on main menu. If its not, its probably cos you didnt rename it correctly or you didnt put it into the scripts download folder - check your settings for this but default is C:\apps.

v1.7.4 included with the FINAL build is the latest.
Hope that helps.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Don't do it as a zip file it doesn't work. Delete the skins (except Project Mayhem III) and then re-rar it as XBMC-2008-11-13.rar. FTP it to the xbox, disconnect the network cable on the xbox and then run the script.
I'm working on the script to better accommodate the new problems. will advise when released.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Couldn't figure out how to "install from local archive"...am I missing something?
Also...xbmcscripts seems to be down??
Such a good script...even T3CH includes it...why would T3CH change without an update to it?
(subscribing to thread to recieve update, when available)
Mine still doesn't install correctly. any updates?
I'd love to see this working again too. Maybe Voinage could help if BBB doesn't have time?
what version do you have , last one was v1.7.5 with the updates I last mentioned.

Install from local, is where the rar/zip exists in the download location on the xbox hdd and you just select it fro the Menu. easy.

If your having a specific problem, you'll have to mail me a full debug xbmc.log and details.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Alright, I'll do that the next time a T3CH build is released. I do have the latest version and I made the changes you suggested. There still seemed to be a naming issue between the application and the boot files. I can't remember what exactly though. Also, T3CH no longer includes the Mediastream skin, so the size shouldn't be a problem anymore.
I don't know how to contact the person who compiles the T3CH builds, but the latest build can't be extracted. I get an cRC error in Ark en WinRar. In Windows and in linux.

Also... From the first server the the (corrupt) archive is always available, from the second one, the download link on the T3CH site returns a 'file not found' half the time...

http://ftp1.srv.endpoint.nu/pub/reposito...0-T3CH.rar

http://ftp2.srv.endpoint.nu/pub/reposito...0-T3CH.rar

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
The 2009-02-18 build should download now, it was apparently corrupted but is now fixed. However there are reports that there are some graphical problems with it, so it might be better to hold off or make sure you have a complete backup to restore.

@ BigBellyBilly, I have a functionality request if you think it worth while:

Install from local only works on the latest .rar file found, it would be really convenient if the user could choose from any of the archives found, like how the 'switch to another t3ch' menu works. Otherwise, you have to manually uncompress and ftp an older build (that is not already been extracted).
ok, will look into it for you
Retired from Add-on dev
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)1