• 3(current)
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)
I tried b7 yesterday, it hangs while unraring. I had to reboot my xbox. I hope b9 is better Wink

How about reading the dashboardname from the files on C:\ and make a suggestion for the user? Maybe like this: (i´m not a programmer)
Code:
read xbe-files on C:\ > $dashboardname
case $dashboardname ==
  "evoxdash" then prompt "evoxdash"
  "xboxdash" then prompt "xboxdash"
"everything_else" prompt user_to_insert_manually

this would help users who don´t know their dashboard name or users which are not so familiar with Xbox-things Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
if you experience a hang/crash, please send me your xbmc.log (you will have to have enabled xbmc debug in UserData\AdvancedSettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

If possible could you send a snapshot of the folder structure under your current xbmc UserData installation ?

Dont worry, if it didn't get to the end of the script it doesn't update any shortcuts or delete anything from your current installation.

I'll consider the suggestion. thanks
Retired from Add-on dev
b7 language files works right, later version not work, only english
I´ll try the script when a new T3CH (hopefully Monday) is out. If the script fails, i´ll post the debug-log and the python-log (if it still exists on the white button) Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
mikko70: The b7 only worked cos I'd swapped all accented chars for normal ones. b9 does contain accented chars but it seems saved in ascii.

Still looking into it. no joy even thou i've re-saved them utf-8 with scite.

If anyone has working language files, from b9, please send them to me.

Code now changed for user to select from a list of existing dash names (.xbe or .cfg but not msdash) on c:\ or manual entry with keyboard.
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:mikko70: The b7 only worked cos I'd swapped all accented chars for normal ones.

i'm not understand what you mean. I think you modify nuka's t3ch script.
Nukas script works ok with other languages and i try remember b7 support öä characters, i must check it again later.
BBB u are the most active python developer, realy don't know why u are not one of project owners of
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-scripting/

just talk to each other u and nuka

smuto
Swedish language file sorted.

Solo0815 suggestion of selecting from a list of existing dash names & manual keyboard entry, added.

b10 HERE

thanks smuto, but I just like to do my own thing. chip in when I can. I'll punt this over to SVN v.shortly, then want to get myTV v1.18 out the door.
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB: you remove ö and ä from Finnish file and leave ö and ä in Swedish file, why ?
string file is now saved UTF-8 but still saved in some corupted format.
your right I included the wrong finnish by mistake. it was late and beer had been flowing.
I do have them both working now thou.

just waiting for log from anyone who gets the exception in _copy_userdata() now
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB,
I'd like to make a feature request to support user customizations. It works like this...

Source files
- from Network share, or URL
- e.g. customized files to include

List of excluded & included files/folders
- this allows for custom or mod'd XMLs/Scripts/Images/etc not be overwritten

Example XML Code:

EXCLUDES (items not to copy over from source)
smb://<server>/<sharename>/xbmc/skin/Project Mayhem III/Home.XML
smb://<server>/<sharename>/xbmc/scripts/
smb://<server>/<sharename>/xbmc/UserData/guisettings.xml

INCLUDES
Source = smb://<server>/<sharename>/CustomFiles/*.*
Target = /e/apps/xbmc/skin/Project Mayhem III/
Settings = Overwrite, BAKoriginal
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
they seem like a good idea.
The user could use the file browser to build the inc/exc lists.

Speaking of file browser, has anyone seen it when the file browser shows each drive letter twice ?
Retired from Add-on dev
Affini:
Quote:EXCLUDES (items not to copy over from source)
smb://<server>/<sharename>/xbmc/skin/Project Mayhem III/Home.XML
smb://<server>/<sharename>/xbmc/scripts/
smb://<server>/<sharename>/xbmc/UserData/guisettings.xml

Could I just clarify:

Your example of excludes, is list of saved files/folder you'd like to copy from your smb location over the new installation after the extraction is complete ?

My confusion is because that reads just like what you want you INCLUDE list to do too ?

As it stands, the downloaded rar is extracted to its own folder, it doesn't overwrite anything. So I think the list you propose, really only are INCLUDES, those that you want copying (to the new build) from your own smb location ?
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:...
Speaking of file browser, has anyone seen it when the file browser shows each drive letter twice ?
I have. It happened after a few upgrades. To get rid of it I did a fresh install without copying over my Userdata stuff. Then I just moved over my advancedsettings.xml and databases and thumbnails.
I believe that is due to the fact that newer builds automatically add default sources when the build is first launched.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)1