• 32(current)
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)
Trying to install the last 4 (or so) Zipped SVN releases give an error:

_extract() EXCEPTION!
local variable 'zipstream' referenced before assignment
Hopefully, it's now fixed .

Available in svn or at Box.net (see sig)
Retired from Add-on dev
@BigBellyBilly
Thanks for making the changes, but I'm afraid it's running out of memory... I thought at first it was Rapier skin (31 MB free), but then I tried again with PMIII (37 MB free), seems to go further but eventually crashes as well.

Quote:22:38:38 M: 14155776 SEVERE: DLL: Q:\system\python\python24.dll : realloc failed, crash imminent (Out of memory)
22:38:38 M: 29990912 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:38:38 M: 29990912 NOTICE: File "Q:\scripts\T3CH Upgrader\default.py", line 994, in _extract
22:38:38 M: 29990912 NOTICE: success, installed_path = unzip(extract_path, file_name, self.isSilent, __language__(504))
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: File "Q:\scripts\T3CH Upgrader\default.py", line 2191, in unzip
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: file(filePath, 'wb').write(zip.read(entry))
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: File "Q:\scripts\T3CH Upgrader\resources\lib\zipstream.py", line 61, in read
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: bytes = f.read()
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: File "Q:\scripts\T3CH Upgrader\resources\lib\zipstream.py", line 117, in read
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: result.append(self.decomp.decompress(self.fp.read(self.length - self.readBytes)))
22:38:38 M: 29970432 NOTICE: MemoryError

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m42d42f7d

Thing is I don't see the folder on disk, although it says in the log it's creating the E:\apps\SVN_20100206 dirs...
Edit: Ignore that, I see the removeTree() call, it does that on purpose if there was an extraction error..
Damn, that's disappointing.

I successfully installed the same Nightly (2010-02-06) with less RAM available (20Mb using PM3.HD skin) to your logs 29Mb, so thats a bit odd.

The code subtracts extra 5Mb from freeRAM to give itself some further headroom, before switching to a chunk unpack of the larger (usually the xpr) files.

Quick suggestion would be (in unzip function) to subtract more from the reported freeRAM, thats assigned to var unpackRAMLimit.

eg. change - 5 to be -10
or
half the free RAM value.

This will force more of the larger files to be Chunk unpacked.

I'll make this tweak myself this evening, but if you've got chance to try it before then, please let me know your results.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Hi BBB,

-10 didn't do it, I had to go down to -15 and then it worked! I can't explain why it didn't work for me in the first place, the only thing I can think of is I have profiles enabled with 2 profiles, the one I was using was in 720p and with PMIII skin, nothing funny running underneath, I don't know if it explains anything...

It extracted fairly quick, it was one of the Textures.xpr was crashing on before, nice to see the extraction progress. If I might request something of it would be an estimation time for the download (I might steal that and use it in one of my plugins :-) Only messing, thanks for your efforts!
Further tweak to free RAM check before forcing chunk unpack.
Also added a better exception trap to prevent lock up.

Available from SVN Repo Installer, Box.net and XBMCZone

Thanks Dan for the testing and hosting.
Retired from Add-on dev
My pleasure BBB and thanks again, I was missing it :-) New version on XBMC Zone as well - 3,800 downloads and going...
(lots of thread pages missing, but never mind ...)

Taking into consideration some recent suggestions I've modified code somewhat.
  • Fix: XBMC Trac changelog to new url.
  • Change: Shuffled some menu items.
  • Change: Build Archives always saved to new format <builder><YYYYMMDD>_<revision>
  • eg T3CH20100322_28757.zip or SVN20100322_28757.zip
  • Change: Installation root folders to use new format <builder><YYYYMMDD>_<revision>.
  • Change: Some code cleanup.

Biggest change is the switch using a new file and installation folder format that incorperates both release date and revision.

I also wanted to use the new script based settings.xml but some of the options arn't suitable.

This is a beta, seems quite stable, but if you fancy help testing it for me, please try it.

Available from Box.net

Please report problems etc.
cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:(lots of thread pages missing, but never mind ...)

Taking into consideration some recent suggestions I've modified code somewhat.
  • Fix: XBMC Trac changelog to new url.
  • Change: Shuffled some menu items.
  • Change: Build Archives always saved to new format <builder><YYYYMMDD>_<revision>
  • eg T3CH20100322_28757.zip or SVN20100322_28757.zip
  • Change: Installation root folders to use new format <builder><YYYYMMDD>_<revision>.
  • Change: Some code cleanup.

Biggest change is the switch using a new file and installation folder format that incorperates both release date and revision.

I also wanted to use the new script based settings.xml but some of the options arn't suitable.

This is a beta, seems quite stable, but if you fancy help testing it for me, please try it.

Available from Box.net

Please report problems etc.
cheers
BBB

Thanks! I think the interface is more understandable now. Unfortunately, I cannot switch to old builds anymore. Maybe when I change to the new naming convention manually? Didn't upgrade XBMC yet. I'll wait a little and will provide feedback.

By the way: the XBMC changelog is from trunk and not from XBMC branche like Dan Dare tool does.
yes, it'll pickup folders using new format only, a quick rename of your old ones will sort it.

Which changelog url would you prefer to see ?

(I think I'll mod it to make either selectable)

http://trac.xbmc.org/log/branches/xbox?l...format=rss

and

http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline?changeset=...format=rss

(beta updated)
Retired from Add-on dev
I prefer this one:
http://trac.xbmc.org/log/branches/xb...=on&format=rss

since I'm an XBOX user upgrading my XBOX from SVN (XBOX Branche). The Timeline is nice but off no use to me.
When I run the Upgrader script, I get a Process()Exception
Argument3 must be Unicode or Str. I go ahead and finish up but it does not update me.

Updated: I also get it when I just do the download the .rar but do not tell it to install. If I manually download the .rar to my computer, it downloads and unpacks fine onto the PC.
I get the same error, how did you get in resolved?

Thanks
One of you would like to provide a debug log?
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/wiki/index.php?title=Log_file
I ended up manually zapping it and doing it the hard way. However, I will try it on another one of mine and assuming it fails, post the log.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)1