• 5(current)
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)
i use Z: in xbmcscripts and it clears, also put the T3CH downloader to save rar there and its usually gone when I have rebooted.
so you'd like it to download to Z: and unpack there, then copy to <installation_drive>\T3CH_<date>\normal_contents

The purpose of which is to save it from having an extra folder in the final path
eg
<installation_drive\T3CH_date\xbmc\normal_contents

It would also lengthen the process by having to copy from Z: to installation folder.

An advantage of not downloading to Z: is that the script can delete the rar when it everything is ok, not just on reboot, which also lessens the need to re-download.

So, is it worth it, does the extra subfolder of xbmc at present make a difference ?
Retired from Add-on dev
I have modified the T3CH downloader to download the .rar to Z: extract the archive to e:\xbmc-upgrade, then delete all files i do not need/want. when that is done the script launches dvd2xbox and I use the filemanager there to copy all files from e:\xbmc-upgrade to e:\applications\xbmc (which is what is launched as my main dash)

If you delete the rar from the script, you could download to any drive, that isn't a problem..
That seems a valid way of doing things, but I'm going to stick with the approach I've taken with the T3CH Upgrader.

Has anyone tried b16 yet or are most people waiting for a new build to appear ?
Retired from Add-on dev
b17

I found and fixed an error in the 'Custom File Copy' (it saved a buildname in destination path - now just saved $BUILD_NAME - so its reusable across any build). Please recreate your 'includes.txt'.

Added in extra file/folder deletes on exit:
_tools
win32
Changelog.txt

download from HERE

I used this to upgrade to T3CH 2007-11-04, took about 6 mins. Largely depends on the szie of your UserData.

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
just used b17 to update, everything went perfectly except _tools, win32, etc were not deleted. Also, would it be possible to have a setting for a batch mode where it remembers all previous settings and performs all tasks silently? I'd like to set it up to run on startup, and do everything without popups.
Thanks for trying it.

Did you also setup any additional files to copy over (from the Custom Files menu option) ?

Batch mode: Not a single prompt? How would you get back into the menu to change any settings ?
Or do you mean only do it silent if started with a switch from autoexec (eg -silent) otherwise, if started from scripts enter as normal to Main Menu.

Even if in silent mode, might be best to still have it give some indication/updates as to whats happening. could be done using xbmc notifications ?

_tools, win32: I use python rmtree() which should remove given path even if not empty. I thought it hadn't worked myself until I forced the ftp client (FileZilla) to refresh.
Retired from Add-on dev
danomoseley: Deleting of the extra folders; I've changed the code, seems more reliable now.
Retired from Add-on dev
I did not set up any additional custom copies.

As for batch mode, -silent is what I was thinking but forgot to mention it. Notifications would be good, but I would think as few as possible would be ideal, like maybe one to notify a new build, or nothing at all for no new build, and one to notify the process has completed and possibly a popup for a restart option. I don't think any more then that would be necessary but if you think otherwise I could live with it.
got it.

Will still prompt for Reboot, but that's it.

nearly done, will post asap.
Retired from Add-on dev
I've completed a first attempt at your suggested 'silent' mode.

It now runs is 3 possible modes, NORMAL, NOTIFY and SILENT

NORMAL = Full interactive menu and prompts - You don't need to set this anywhere to run script as normal

These 2 are intended for launching script from Autoexec.py (included and currently set to NOTIFY)

NOTIFY - Checks for new build and notify, nothing downloaded or processed.

SILENT - Checks for new build, if found does full installation (with notifications) - Prompts for reboot on success.

I think I've balanced the amount of notifications in SILENT mode.

Copy included autoexec.py to Q:\scripts if you wish to use it.

Only problem I can see is that xbmc.Notification() seems to ignore the time arg passed, this has been mentioned before in another thread when I researched it. Couldnt see a fix reported.

b18 HERE
Retired from Add-on dev
time is in milliseconds
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Wow, that was very quick, thanks so much for silent mode. This is awesome, finally an autoupdate.
Lightbulb 
Will the updater include an exclude list? (maybe a "Exclude_list.xml" so that it is easy for users to edit?), I mean there are some files you basically never want to update, I foremost thinking about some files under UserData such as "favourites.xml", "RssFeeds.xml", etc. but also others such as "splash.png" under the media folder (as if you have replaced or removed that once yourself then that mean you do not want to replaced/added automaticly again)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
b20
New menu option: Downgrade
List & Select an existing old build, then changes dash Shortcut to point to selected build..

New menu option: Delete an Old T3CH
Much quicker than using xbmc FileManager as it doesn't delete file by file.

Neither of these options allow you select current build.

New menu option: Create Delete Files List (EXCLUDES)
- This is a list of relative path+filename (eg media/splash.png) that you wish it to delete from final installation.

Re-worked "Create Copy File List" (INCLUDES) - important Please ensure you delete existing UserData/.../includes.txt as the structure of the saved data in that file has changed.

download HERE
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)1