• 30(current)
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)
@ BigBellyBilly, sorry if this isn't related or should go in a different thread, but I was wondering how difficult it would be for you to make a .txt viewer script.
in the t3ch upgrader you can view readme files for the latest xbmc and t3ch build, so would it be possible to make a separate script for this?
thank you, and sorry again if this doesnt belong
your right, it does do it and that is waaaaaaaaaay off topic mate!

but, drop me a PM with your email and what your after and I'll consider it.
Retired from Add-on dev
I still haven't tried using this again because the last few T3CH builds had quite a few bugs. Any chance it would be possible to get the script working with the nightly builds at: http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/
XBMC bugs arn't the fault of the builder, how can using a different build help ?

nice site thou.
Retired from Add-on dev
I realize the bugs aren't the fault of the builder, but the last two builds T3CH chose to compile had lots of bugs on those dates. And since she only compiles them every few weeks we're forced to roll back several previous builds instead of just updating to a newer version after the bugs are fixed.
you could download the alternative builds and ftp them to the scripts install folder using a suitable fake T3CH filename, then do a local install.

ie. T3CH XBMC YYYY-MM-DD SVN rev99999.rar

Changing the date to one that's newer than your current XBMC build.
Retired from Add-on dev
Does it matter if the file structure inside the .rar file is slightly different?
it shouldnt matter that the extra folders such as _tools don't exist (thats specified in the File Copy Excludes anyway). xbmc struct will be same.
I've not tried this myself, but it should work.
Retired from Add-on dev
For some reason it didn't like those nightly build RARs. It kept deleting them every time I opened the script. Finally I tried just transferring the uncompressed file in the T3CH_YYYY-MM-DD format. It let me "Switch to another T3CH" but it only changed the shortcuts. None of the User Data, skins or scripts were moved. Is this the expected behavior?
The reason its doing that is as the archive is only about 31mb , much smaller than the usual T3CH build size, its taken to be a partial download/failed and deletes it.

Your quick fix would be to edit the code, look for 40000000 and change it to 30000000 - this is what I've done for next release. v1.8 hopefully tonight.

fyi, Transferring the uncompressed archive won't work, its expecting to find zip/rars for the beginning of the process.

Support for v1.8 will be in a new thread once released.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Sounds good man, that makes sense. I look forward to the new release. This is definitely the single most useful script for the Xbox.
good. your more than welcome to buy me a beer then Wink

v1.8 released to svn or available from Box.net

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
just fyi, looks like the 23167 svn build download is only ~23 megs and being affected by the size check as discussed above.
yes, i think its because he switched back to including just PMIII instead of PM3.HD - i'll lower the check limit in next release.
Retired from Add-on dev
The nightly build is missing the "Textures.xpr" (14.6MB) from "BUILD\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\". If you change the 2 occurrences of "30000000" to "20000000" (without quotes) in default.py of the T3ch Upgrader script then it continues to work. I had to add the "Textures.xpr" to my build though. PS first post.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script)1