EPG unexpected error (NextPVR)
Having problems setting recordings via Kodi's EGP. I click on a program and I get a pause of about 15 sec then along the top I get unexpected error, check log. If I try again sometimes it then sets the recorder, sometimes on the third or forth attempt.

Using Kodi 16 RC3
Next PVR 3.8.3

Thanks.
Sounds more likely to be a back end problem - but I won't move the thread just yet.

Can you expand on your setup, please - is the front and back end on the same system, for example. A debug_log (wiki) would tell us much, much more as well (e.g. the correct Kodi version, as I doubt it is really 16 RC 3).
ok will debug. yes all on same machine.
Debug log is here http://www.pastebin.ca/3726938
1. Please remove all banned_add-ons (wiki) and repositories before continuing this thread as per the forum_rules (wiki).

Code:
NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub

(there may be others as well).

2. Here's your error:

Code:
17:43:19 T:9272   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::AddTimer - addon '127.0.0.1:connected' returned an error: the command failed
17:43:19 T:9272   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::AddTimer - cannot add timer to client '211867': the command failed

... a quick Google suggests that's EPG-related, possibly due to a clash between how Kodi and NPVR cache the data.

3. 16.0 RC3 isn't really a good starting point for debugging anything, as it's not release code. At least upgrade to 16.1, or even a current pre-release 17 to see if the behaviour is still the same.

All that said, (1) remains the starting point.
Moving thread to Next PVR sub-forum.
Any one?
My guess is that you get this when Kodi has outdated EPG cached, so the show id it asks to record is no longer in the database. Probably only happens for one off recordings from the guide, not time based recordings, or recurring recordings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG unexpected error (NextPVR)0