• 3(current)
Beta Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu
(2016-11-06, 09:27)Johnoo Wrote: Simple Folders 0.0.4 working Nod

repo shows 0.0.3
downloaded 0.0.4 from GitHub

Thanks

Great.

Github can be a bit strange sometimes. Every now and then I have to remove my repo from Kodi and add it again.

Be careful with the zip from Github as it makes the wrong addon folder. It adds the version number to the path.

[EDIT] Have another by doing a Check for Updates on my repo.
(2016-11-06, 09:49)primaeval Wrote: [EDIT] Have another by doing a Check for Updates on my repo.

Forgot about that, working fine now, thanks.
Hi Primaeval,
I really like the progress you've made with Simple Favourites and Simple Folders. I tried both of them today. The only problem I'm having is the majority of the links I save to Simple Favourites or Simple Folders will not execute when I click on them. It would also be nice to save our favorites to an xml file, like Super Favourites does, so we could edit them should we wish to.

Super Favourites was great, but, alas, Sean has discontinued its development. You've stepped up to bat with a really nice alternative and I support your efforts. I, also, like simplicity.

Best of luck. Smile.

Regards,
Bob
(2016-11-10, 02:14)Trespasser Wrote: Hi Primaeval,
I really like the progress you've made with Simple Favourites and Simple Folders. I tried both of them today. The only problem I'm having is the majority of the links I save to Simple Favourites or Simple Folders will not execute when I click on them. It would also be nice to save our favorites to an xml file, like Super Favourites does, so we could edit them should we wish to.

Super Favourites was great, but, alas, Sean has discontinued its development. You've stepped up to bat with a really nice alternative and I support your efforts. I, also, like simplicity.

Best of luck. Smile.

Regards,
Bob

Thanks.

Could you pm me the contents of your addon_data folder for the addons and I'll try to see why the links don't play.
userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.simple.favourites and folders
There might be a type that I haven't been able to test here.
All the links are stored in pickle files.

I'll see if I can add an Import/Export feature. In the meantime you could just use the Add menu to add the hard to reach addons to Kodi Favourites where you can edit them by hand.

This is never going to get as fully-featured as Super Favourites, so don't expect too much more. Keeping it Simple. Wink
Exclamation 
(2016-11-10, 02:14)Trespasser Wrote: It would also be nice to save our favorites to an xml file, like Super Favourites does, so we could edit them should we wish to.

Simple Folders
version 0.0.5
- Import/Export in Add if enabled in Settings\Advanced
- import/export file is userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.simple.folders\favourites.json

Try this.

I'm keeping Simple Favourites very Simple. This is in Simple Folders only.

Don't forget to pm with the links that don't play and I'll see what I can do.
Using simple.folders 0.0.5 > open it > add > browse > enter a http url > click on ok > list loads > when I get out I don't see where it's saved.

What I try to do is add under my filemanager a link to the folder addon

In other words, I got a url now in filemanager and want that to be in your addon Smile
(2016-11-10, 12:12)misa Wrote: Using simple.folders 0.0.5 > open it > add > browse > enter a http url > click on ok > list loads > when I get out I don't see where it's saved.

What I try to do is add under my filemanager a link to the folder addon

In other words, I got a url now in filemanager and want that to be in your addon Smile

Try 0.0.6. I added a fix for http links that end up with // instead of / in their urls. It should help.

You should get an option for the folder when you add it with the yellow Add context menu.

Sometimes the new favourite doesn't show up at the top level unless you go out of the addon and back in again.
The old view is getting cached and not updated.

I can't get to the Kodi File Manager window with this addon. It is some magic only spoyser knows. Wink
version 0.0.7
- Should be able to handle http folders properly.
(2016-11-10, 02:14)Trespasser Wrote: ...

I tried to reply to your pm but your settings don't allow it. I sent you a message via the email options.
Hi Primaeval,
Sorry for the trouble. Please send me another PM. I've fixed it where I can receive PMs. I checked my email but I haven't received anything new.

Regards,
Bob
I found quite a few link types that wouldn't play right today and fixed them.
If anyone can still find some that don't play please let me know with as much detail as you can.
Exclamation 
Simple Favourites
- All New Folder structure like in Super Favourites
- end of the Context Menu addon
- more links to Executable and Image addons (Programs and Pictures)

Simple Folders
- end of life (please use Simple Favourites from now on)

I have almost completely rewritten Simple Favourites to handle a different structure internally.

It should be easy to hand edit Folders and favourites.xml files like with Super Favourites.

The Context Menu addons won't work any more and should be deleted.
It is much too complicated for the scope of this "Simple" addon.

There is an upgrade option for Simple Favourites and Simple Folders but I would recommend starting again.
There is not enough information stored in the last version to make upgrading perfect.

Sorry to mess up anyone's settings if they added lots of favourites but the addon should be more robust now.
Latest Simple Favorites , working well.
the capabilty to edit the favourites.xml is a welcome plus.

Nice work

Cheers
Hi Primaeval,
Like I said in my PM to you, you've got a winner on your hands. The newest version of Simple Favourites (0.1.4) is great. You can add your individual favorites to the main page, plus you can create a new folder in the main page and add favorites there as well. I really like it, dude.

The option to alphabetize your favorites needs to be added back into Settings, though. Plus the option to import/export settings needs to be reintroduced.

Like I said, you've got a winner here.

Later...
Bob
version 0.1.5
- Settings \ Appearance \ Sort
- Move if Sort is off in Context Menu

Thanks for the appreciation. Smile

I'm not convinced import/export is needed any more. You'll have to try and convince me.

You can use the File Manager to copy in favourites.xml files and folders from Kodi or Super Favourites.

All you need is a folder in userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.simple.favourites\folders with a favourites.xml file in it.
An optional icon.txt file can contain the icon link.

Most favourites.xml files "should" work with Simple Favourites as long as each favourite is on one line.

I want to keep this as Simple as possible. It might already be too complex with some of the Add paths.

This is still intended as an intermediate favourites handler between Kodi Favourites and Super Favourites.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu2