• 4(current)
Beta Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu
Hey Primaeval,
Version 0.1.5 is perfect for my use. And, I agree, import/export is not really needed.

I also like, when I turn on my Pi3, under Confluence, that Simple Favourites is directly under the Program menu bar selection. Very easy to get to my favorite links that way.

Congratulations.

BTW, I thought I'd never do it, but I've now removed Super Favourites.

Best regards,
Bob
I agree, this is great and has almost replaced my need for Super Favourites, the only thing I'm missing is the option to hide the "Add" button when in a folder. In Super Favs there is an option to hide this function, would this be something that could be added into the addon settings?
Exclamation 
version 0.1.6
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show Add Button
- if off look for Add Menu in Context Menu

This better not be mission creep. Wink
(2016-11-13, 21:41)primaeval Wrote: version 0.1.6
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show Add Button
- if off look for Add Menu in Context Menu

This better not be mission creep. Wink
Big Grin Well I won't make any more work for you, it's working perfect as it is now, cheers!
Nice program. I have two questions:

- If I open Simple Favourites from the Program Add-ons window, and then try to open a favourite to ActivateWindow(programs,"androidapp://sources/apps/",return), the shortcut doesn't open.

- I put a shortcut to a Simple Favourites folder on my home screen. When I press back, it goes up to the root level of Simple Favourites (the parent of the folder) instead of going back to the home screen. Is there a way to achieve this?
(2016-11-13, 23:41)raptorz Wrote: Nice program. I have two questions:

- If I open Simple Favourites from the Program Add-ons window, and then try to open a favourite to ActivateWindow(programs,"androidapp://sources/apps/",return), the shortcut doesn't open.

- I put a shortcut to a Simple Favourites folder on my home screen. When I press back, it goes up to the root level of Simple Favourites (the parent of the folder) instead of going back to the home screen. Is there a way to achieve this?

I don't really know. I have had a lot of problems trying to work out how to open links in the right windows and return.
spoyser is the master at this sort of information but some idiots upset him and he left. Hopefully he will return someday.

I don't know how much you know but the possible window ids are here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs
I use 10001 for programs in the code. Maybe it needs a special one for Android that isn't listed there.

The ActivateWindow return parameter should get you back to where you started. I'm not sure where a top level shortcut really thinks it is.
http://kodi.wiki/view/list_of_built-in_functions

Let us know if you find out.
(2016-11-13, 23:41)raptorz Wrote: Nice program. I have two questions:

If I make a normal favourite for the Android Apps and then add it to Simple Favourites I get this
Code:
<favourite name="Android apps" thumb="DefaultProgram.png">ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;androidapp://sources/apps/&quot;,return)</favourite>
which goes to the Android Apps and returns ok. I have 10001 where you have programs.

Something I changed earlier was to remove the other addon types than programs. If you added the shortcut to the home window then it might not be in the right section. Try removing it and adding it to the programs shortcuts.
10001 doesn't work for me. I think it depends on how you are starting Simple Favourites. I am starting it with a shortcut on my homepage that uses:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Programs,"plugin://plugin.program.simple.favourites/index_of/special%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.simple.favourites%2Ffolders%2FTools%2F",return)

Since I'm already in the Programs window, it doesn't work (no matter if I use 10001 or Programs).

What I think happens is that when I do ActivateWindow with Programs (or 10001), it opens the Programs window, which is already open, and navigated to Simple Favourites, therefore it stays on Simple Favourites.
(2016-11-14, 01:02)raptorz Wrote: 10001 doesn't work for me. I think it depends on how you are starting Simple Favourites. I am starting it with a shortcut on my homepage that uses:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Programs,"plugin://plugin.program.simple.favourites/index_of/special%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.simple.favourites%2Ffolders%2FTools%2F",return)

Since I'm already in the Programs window, it doesn't work (no matter if I use 10001 or Programs).

What I think happens is that when I do ActivateWindow with Programs (or 10001), it opens the Programs window, which is already open, and navigated to Simple Favourites, therefore it stays on Simple Favourites.

What skin are you using? I just use Confluence.

If I create a folder called Tools like you and make a link to it in Kodi Favourites I can get to that folder and back again.
special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.simple.favourites/folder​s/Tools/
Hi Primaeval,
Whenever a person wants to move a newly added link you show a list of all the links within that folder (the base folder). The only thing missing from that list is any subfolders within that base folder. This is my first suggestion.

At present, whenever you want to save a link to Simple Favourites, you have to first add it to Kodi Favorites and then transfer it to Simple Favourites. I can live with that arrangement, but a context menu selection to copy it to Simple Favourites would be nice too. Even better would be to list all of the folders present (base folder plus any subfolders). This is my second suggestion.

Have a good one, Primaeval. Smile.

Best regards,
Bob
(2016-11-14, 16:41)Trespasser Wrote: Hi Primaeval,
Whenever a person wants to move a newly added link you show a list of all the links within that folder (the base folder). The only thing missing from that list is any subfolders within that base folder. This is my first suggestion.

At present, whenever you want to save a link to Simple Favourites, you have to first add it to Kodi Favorites and then transfer it to Simple Favourites. I can live with that arrangement, but a context menu selection to copy it to Simple Favourites would be nice too. Even better would be to list all of the folders present (base folder plus any subfolders). This is my second suggestion.

Have a good one, Primaeval. Smile.

Best regards,
Bob

I'll see if I can make the Move to Folder option later.

I had the global Context Menu addon in previous versions but it is too much trouble. spoyser did some serious magic to get it to show up everywhere including the File Manager. Even then there is not enough information as to where the link comes from to make it robust enough for Simple Favourites. That is why you still have to rely on the built-in Add to Favourites command.

The other reason I deleted the global Context Menu addon is that you should be able to get to almost everywhere from the Add Menu and then use the yellow Add command in the context menu.

Is there somewhere special you can't get to from the Add Menu?
Exclamation 
version 0.1.8
- Move to Folder

That was easier than I expected. Smile
No. The Add menu selection isn't a problem for me. The problem occurs when you try to move a saved link, that you transfered from Kodi Favourites, to a subfolder within the main folder. Subfolder(s) is/are not being shown when you click on Move.

My context remarks can be ignored. I can live with the way it is now.

I hope I explained myself well.

Best regards,
Bob
(2016-11-14, 19:28)Trespasser Wrote: No. The Add menu selection isn't a problem for me. The problem occurs when you try to move a saved link, that you transfered from Kodi Favourites, to a subfolder within the main folder. Subfolder(s) is/are not being shown when you click on Move.

My context remarks can be ignored. I can live with the way it is now.

I hope I explained myself well.

Best regards,
Bob

See 2 posts up. Wink
And you thought it might be difficult. Wink. You created 0.1.8 while I was typing out my response. Move to folder works perfectly. Congrats, Primaeval. I'm proud of you. Smile.

Later...
Bob
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu2