How to Stream Skystar 2 Satellite 4:2:2 to XBOX XBMC
How to Stream 4:2:2 feeds from PC to XBOX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to stream 4:2:2 feeds from a computer on your LAN to your chipped XBOX (and XBMC)

Make sure that you have your SkyStar2 card working already before doing any of the following!!!

1. Download and install MyTheatre 3.38 - get this working and tune in a frequency so you can see sat tv on your computer.

2. Download the AVbroadcast plugin 0.12 or 0.13 (google it)

3. Extract and copy the plugin (avb.dll) to the "plugins" folder of MyTheatre.

4. Load "MyTheatre", and tune into a 4:2:2 feed, make sure you can see it (i use an expired ELECARD codec) - right click the main viewing area and select plugins, and choose launch AV Broacaster.

5. Where it says network settings - enter the IP address of your PC (with the SkyStar2 installed) - under Network protocol choose UDP, and have HTTP/RTSP - ticked also - change UDP port to 5000.

6. Select "Start broadcast" (you should see bandwidth utilisation jump up to 3000kbps or so)

7. Download and install VLC (Videolan)

8. Open VLC and choose File, Open network stream, Select UDP/RTP and change the port to 5000

9. This should open the outputted video from AVbroadcast\MyTheatre.

10. If it opens, great, if not, sort it out!!!

11. Choose File, open, network stream again, but this time, tick Stream\Save, tick Caching and set it to 8000 (8 meg - this might not be neccesarry but worked for me)

12. Click settings.

13. Tick HTTP and enter the address of the PC using the SkyStar (same IP as step5) and for the port, set it to 8000

14. Under Encapsulation method, tick MPEG1,

15. Under transcoding, set the video codec to "MP2V" - set the bitrate to 5000 (type it in manually it will adjust to max on the fly), and leave scale on 1

16. Set Time to live to 1

Nearly there boys...

17. Create a text file on your pc or on the XBOX called Vid.strm

18. Open it with notepad, and type in the IPADDRESS of the SkyStar2 PC - the same one as what you set in step 13, and step 5 but this time, add a colon and 8000 at the end. Example: http://192.168.0.11:8000 - save the file.

19. On your xbox, and in XBMC, browse to the Vid.strm file, and hit the green button!

20. The stream should open up!!!! When the video is playing, press the start button, and find the INTERLACING options, change it from Default to BOB (this works for my CRT TV - it might be different on PLASMA TV's etc)

21. Thats it!!! HAPPY VIEWING!!!

It shouldn't buffer, or be jerky at all. Should be nice and smooth!!!

:o)

Saves buying a Quali-tv 1080IRCI or a 4:2:2 stb of any kind.

I haven't tried this out on a HD feed yet - i will update, or now maybe you guys can input intot this too.

Cheers,

ManikM

PS I have now successfully done the same as above, but with DVB Dream (instead of mytheatre and the AVB plugin)

Install DVB dream (free) and goto Preferences, and setup a UDP network on port 5000 - do the VLC settings as above, and bobs your uncle.

This saves BUYING "MyTheatre"

I didnt post about DVB Dream at first as it does seem to crash at times when used with VLC, but after playing around with different drivers and that, i got it working.

Its saves messing around with a 1 hour (non registered) version of MyTheatre and the plugin.

DVB Dream has no limitations, built in STREAMING, plus it tells you if a feed is 4:2:2
I'll try this tonight. Never noticed a channel marked as 4:2:2 before. I use dvbdream with a SS2 also. How do you change channels?
cheers,

crazyivan
No joy. Even locally with VLC (0.8.4a, 0.8.6 and 0.8.6c all the same) I can only get the 1280x720 HD channels to "work". They are all listed as 4:2:0. When I expose it via http:8000 mplayer barfs with out of memory and dvdplayer shows it but very pixelated. Also tried the new DD1.4 and same thing. Does this only work with 4:2:2 stuff?
cheers,

crazyivan
sounds abit complicated. any reason why you don't just enable RTSP from the AVBroadcast plugin and start that stream from xbmc?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Changed to VMR9 from overlay and it worked on regular channels. Cool stuff. If it could only do HD and change channels Big Grin .
cheers,

crazyivan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Stream Skystar 2 Satellite 4:2:2 to XBOX XBMC0