XBMC code maintainers needed...
Star 
maintainers are needed for

1) the video library
2) the profile support
3) archive support
4) trainer support

I will be available for questions for whomever might step up, atleast for a while.

cheers

spiff
I really wish I had that kind of skill set. I would help in a minute. Sadly, I don't. Sad

All I can say is that it is a sad day for XBMC if you are leaving spiff. We will truly miss you! Sad Even the ungrateful pricks that drove you over the edge will miss you.

J_K_M_A_N
i am leaving
Best of luck to you, spiff. It's been a pleasure working with you on the scraping stuff. Despite being "grumpy" sometimes, you've always been helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks for all of the work you put into XBMC.
Thanks spiff
Yeah spiff, it is a sad day to see you go. Best of luck with whatever you have planned in the future.
Spiff buddy, i hope you weren't really serious about quitting the scene because of some jerks here not respectfull and appreciative of you. There's such a big % of us that do, and very much are satified and loving your work. I really hope you were just having a bad day and just venting a little.
PLEASE DON'T GO!!!!
When did this happen? Doesnt sound like Spiff at all.... normally last to back down and hold back when there is a mind to be spoken.
damn, I am very sad to see such talented people go away. Especially this way. I think a lot of people already told you: there are thousands of people who adore XBMC and cannot live without it anymore. XBMC is one of the only pieces of software with an extremely high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), so be proud of it and ignore who ever tries to provoke you or tries to discredit XBMC.

Good luck with future projects, hopefully you will return in some time and most importantly remember that XBMC would not have been the way it is, without you (and of course all the other amazing devs).
djdafreund Wrote:Spiff buddy, i hope you weren't really serious about quitting the scene because of some jerks here not respectfull and appreciative of you.
Unfortunatly Spiff was 100% serious and have left XBMC, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29474

Sad

...so if you happen to be or know a SQL database C++ developer/programmer please let us know Confused
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for your time spiff. Good luck
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
WTF?? What happened??

Just read this and the link posted... he cant leave!! Shocked

I was only on the reciving end of his grumpyniss once Laugh he normally comes out BLAZING! who upset him?

We need you fella!! Nerd come back! Sad
Well, seeing this all I can say is you can only take anything for so long.. then its time to quit and walk away (granted I never saw that concept applying to Spiff) but for whatever his reasons are Im sure he'll do well in whatever he applies himself to. Meanwhile, I wont be doing my weekly updates at home till the staffing issues get worked out because I think its going to get a bit messy... so maybe the networking stuff might get straight but the database issues and the like are most likely going to be around for quite some time.
It's very sad to see Spiff leave, the library is the single best bit of XBMC, and I'm very sorry to see these ungrateful kids having a go at him here due to themselves not being able to read.

All the best with your new projects in the future, and thanks A LOT for all the features you've added in your spare time, I use them daily and I love them, as do thousands of others around the world.

I hope the team will get another skilled developer to continue the great work.

XBMC is still the best software there is.

I am sure that for every single jerk having a go here, there are thousands of users that really appreciate the work, you just don't hear from them.
I would like to point out that people being rude is not the only reason spiff left he does have others (real life) so just focusing on that is not true

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC code maintainers needed...1