v16 how to prevent update from 16.0 to 16.1
I had Kodi 16.0 installed on my Nvidia Shield android player but it keeps updating to 16.1. I don't want to update it since I lose the DTS-HD/Dolby True-HD passthrough feature.

Anyone know how to prevent Kodi from updating? Also is there a way to get back Kodi 16.0 without uninstalling the current Kodi (and hence losing my repositories etc..)

thanks
Have you considered using SPMC and see if that might be the solve? You can keep both Kodi and SPMC on at the same time. In settings>add-ons there is a left slider menu that should allow you to turn off auto-updates.
Turn auto update off in the Google Play settings. Of course you will then need to manually update everything else. You can roll it back to the 16.0 build you have by just installing it again. That build was never an official one, it has a HD audio test build. It resulted in SPMC being revived, which has HD audio passthrough as standard.
thank you, I will check out SPMC ...in the meantime I have disabled auto updates from google play store Smile
Or install v17 which works perfectly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to prevent update from 16.0 to 16.10