KODI 16.1 on Retropie - 5.1 sound problem !
Hi there,

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 128GB SD Card with Retropie 4.0.5.
I have installed kodi 16.1 so i can launch it from Emulation Station Menu.
It is working very well, but i have a big problem.When I enable 5.1 in audio settings and play an MKV file the audio from my speakers setup is distorted ! This does not happen if I choose 2.1 output. My connection to my A/V receiver is just fine because this problem is not present with my OPENELEC KODI setup in another card I have. The audio settings are exactly the same on both KODI versions. Do you have such experience ? I want so bad to fix this audio issue because I want to have both Emulation Station Menu and KODI on the same card and not change cards...

Someone can help me ?
5.1 audio plays just fine in my setup, via hdmi passtrough to an av receiver. It is probably something in your configuration. Please post your Kodi log, and if possible a samle of the file you are playing.
OK . I will post the KODI log file..
Upload it to pastebin.com or somewhere similar and post the link they will provide here.

Please do not paste the log directly here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This is my log file

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23407570/

The problem is when I start playing the file "2 Fast 2 Furious (1080p).mkv" (line 495). EVERY mkv file with 5.1 audio I try playing gives me distorted sound ! Can you give me any help ??
You have some "wizards" and addons not supported in this forums, so please remove them and try again. Ideally, start with a clean config (move or remove /home/pi/.kodi folder).
Also I recommend to disconnect your Playstation 3 gamepad, or disable joystick support in Kodi.
If after this the problem persists, paste again the Kodi log.
Indeed, read the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki) that you accepted when you signed up here.

Whilst you have the illegal pirate source using 3rd party add-ons on your system there is no support offered here. Either clean up your system by removing them all or go wherever you got the junk polluting your system and tell them to support your broken install.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 16.1 on Retropie - 5.1 sound problem !0