[RELEASE] YAC Caller ID Listener (Script) YAC Caller ID Listener & Notifier for XBMC
i just ordered 2 Zotac ZboxHD-ID40-PLUS computers, i will be installing either XBMC live or XBMC over kubuntu linux.. once i get these up and running ill get the caller id working. I'll work on a quick n dirty release with all the features removed except displaying the caller id... just to get the caller id working.
hello mate,
im from the UK and have a landline although my computer (revo r3610) doesnt have a phone line slot built in..

i have sourced a USB to phone line slot on ebay..

im just wondering, will this work in the UK?
Hello, to answer you i have to ask a couple of questions.

1.) is the usb modem going in the revo r3610 and is it the same machine you are running XBMC?
2.) are you running windows on the revo r3610?

if you are running windows its very easy. download and install a program called yac on the computer with the usb modem, set it to start up on windows and if xbmc is on the same computer set it for listener pc 127.0.0.1

However this early in the stage of this script i have a problem displaying the caller id twice (as if the phone rang with 2 different numbers) if yac is on the same pc.

if you have windows, and use your revo r3610 only sometimes on xbmc and most of the time as a desktop computer then you may still want to get the usb modem. you can still use yac to popup a caller id box outside of xbmc on windows. its a bit more complicated and involved for linux/live users

myksterx Wrote:hello mate,
im from the UK and have a landline although my computer (revo r3610) doesnt have a phone line slot built in..

i have sourced a USB to phone line slot on ebay..

im just wondering, will this work in the UK?
philw132 Wrote:Hello, to answer you i have to ask a couple of questions.

1.) is the usb modem going in the revo r3610 and is it the same machine you are running XBMC?
2.) are you running windows on the revo r3610?

if you are running windows its very easy. download and install a program called yac on the computer with the usb modem, set it to start up on windows and if xbmc is on the same computer set it for listener pc 127.0.0.1

However this early in the stage of this script i have a problem displaying the caller id twice (as if the phone rang with 2 different numbers) if yac is on the same pc.

if you have windows, and use your revo r3610 only sometimes on xbmc and most of the time as a desktop computer then you may still want to get the usb modem. you can still use yac to popup a caller id box outside of xbmc on windows. its a bit more complicated and involved for linux/live users

Hi mate,
The revo is running windows 7 and is used as a media centre only (on boot up it loads windows desktop then boots XBMC straight away)

I dont think i quite understand this..
could you confirm for me about this plugin..

I am currently on virgin media phone provider, which i connect directly into the wall of the house and people can call me.
If i plug the phone line into my pc then pc to wall, does this show up on my PC who is calling me?

So then when its on XBMC via a script it pops up who is calling me?

As this is what i think it is for and if it is then ill most certainly be trying it out..
This addon script for XBMC is just a client, meaning it receives information from another program.

once you have a usb phoneline modem, connect the phone port on the usb modem to a phonejack (or a spliter if you are currently using the nearest phone jack) you will have to download and install YAC

and then install this addon script to xbmc and you're ready to go. it will allow caller ID information to be displayed on your tv via your media center

myksterx Wrote:Hi mate,
The revo is running windows 7 and is used as a media centre only (on boot up it loads windows desktop then boots XBMC straight away)

I dont think i quite understand this..
could you confirm for me about this plugin..

I am currently on virgin media phone provider, which i connect directly into the wall of the house and people can call me.
If i plug the phone line into my pc then pc to wall, does this show up on my PC who is calling me?

So then when its on XBMC via a script it pops up who is calling me?

As this is what i think it is for and if it is then ill most certainly be trying it out..
I will be releasing an alpha version by the end of the week, just to get it out there.

Alpha normally refers to the first released version of new software most likly unstable with bugs and glitches.

So far the only major glitch ive seen is if YAC is running on the same machine this script is on, it doubles the notification.

I will be cleaning the script up as i go. my main goal right now was just to get it working enough so it can function. i've tested it on linux and windows.
I am changing the name to avoid confusion. It will be known as "XBMC NETWORK CALLER ID CLIENT"

i know i've been saying for a year or so that i was going to work on this script but as stated before real life issues have taken most of my time.
looking forward to a release, also, i understand now, it does exactly what i want it to do!
have you got any plans for the future for the plugin?

what would be good to see is (if it would be possible?)
1) Phonebook for customised names?
2) Display Pictures (again, customisable)

dont know if that would be going in the right direction but if its what i think it is that would be cool Smile

ps. i might know someone who can put this into a repository for you (mortstar) who is currently hosting 2 plugins i have participated in, would allow updates for users to be alot easier and user friendly - just a suggestion?
Been setting up my new Zotac Zbox'es these things are awesome little xbmc boxes... however just a note to anyone looking into buying them, running k/ubuntu linux or the xbmc live, you have alot of chalanges ahead of you. all audio. the HDMI audio out is very touchy. you have to install pulseaudio and do some configuring till it works. now that i have my boxes set, i am testing the script on it and it should be realized shortly.

1.) phonebook customization is done via YAC, no need to reinvent the wheel so no plans for it.

2.) this script use to display pictures however i have disabled them till i can figure out how to make it work with the new addon layout but i plan to re-enable that option in the official release.

per repository that may be very usefull however we are still in the testing phase, its not a real release yet.

myksterx Wrote:looking forward to a release, also, i understand now, it does exactly what i want it to do!
have you got any plans for the future for the plugin?

what would be good to see is (if it would be possible?)
1) Phonebook for customised names?
2) Display Pictures (again, customisable)

dont know if that would be going in the right direction but if its what i think it is that would be cool Smile

ps. i might know someone who can put this into a repository for you (mortstar) who is currently hosting 2 plugins i have participated in, would allow updates for users to be alot easier and user friendly - just a suggestion?
Any movement on this?
Phil,

I am sure you have been busy with other things but was wondering if you have had a chance to release the code that you have set up so far. I have found other codes that are out there trying to modify to work with the new Dharma release but have been unsuccessful. Might be because I have no idea what I am doing but oh well. If you could post your Alpha version it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YAC Caller ID Listener (Script) YAC Caller ID Listener & Notifier for XBMC0