[RELEASE] YAC Caller ID Listener (Script) YAC Caller ID Listener & Notifier for XBMC
a good reason as any :d too bad i just found out the hard way my modem wont display caller id Sad it would have been fun to have
there's a link on my callerid page for a cheap modem (like $6)
i have a couple of questions about this...

1) would this work on an adsl modem, or just a dial-up?
if yes...
2) would it work if i am using a router, or only if i am directly connected to the modem.
if no...
3) would it require the dialup modem to be connected to the internet or anything (i am assuming no (it would be kind of pointless), but i would like a confirmation!Wink

i have both as my dialup modem is built onto my motherboard. i have it disabled as i never use it. if this will work with an adsl modem then that would be great. if not, i think it's cool enough to warrent installing the modem.
it will only work with the dial-up modem, but the modem just basically sits dormant, listening to the phone ring (does not need to connect to anything).
lovely, cheers!
i'd like to say thank you for this script. its excellent!

one further enhancement that i think would be really useful is if it could work with "yactextsend for windows" part of the yac server (by jensen harris) functionality. currently if you send a text message through it, it crashes the script and stops it receiving any more caller id messages.

is it possible to add this functionality (or at the least to stop it crashing the script), or would it be too out of context for what the script is intended to do?
i'd also like to say thanks for this excellent script! very sweet indeed! :bowdown:

but i've got a quick question that one of you might be able to help me out with... for some reason when i get a call, my modem won't display the phone number - just the name of the person calling. i'm using yac and have been thinking of possibly trying out callerid sentry, but i think it may actually be a problem with a setting for the modem. have any of you come across this or would know how i could go about getting yac to display both the name & number?

thanks
i need a step by step on how to issue commands to my modem so i can enable the caller id feature in it.
anyone can help me in this area?
something that would be cool (although should perhaps be part of the server end of things) would be to do a lookup on the number against an ldap server.

imagine this would be relatively simple to do in python. pity ldap doesn't support storing images of the contact too.

james
hehe
Url is not valid anymore ! This server has been 'rapped'.
You'll find this (verry old) page here :
http://xbmc-scripts.gx-mod.com/alex5962/
***EDIT***
Got it working!

Found a link...http://www.xbmczone.com/plugin_details.asp?id=5..that works. But it 's just showing name of Incoming Call and name of caller, not that pretty looking...have to check code to see if I can do more about that.

What the correct path naming for XBOX??
I've tried multiple versions of this: SCRIPTFOLDER = "E:/Apps/XBMC/scripts/CallerId"

Even testing on windows I cant get the SCRIPTFOLDER variable to point to where folder where everything is stored?? It's still showing the just Imcoming call and name no pop up box.

Here's the relevant section:
PHP Code:
import socket
import xbmc
xbmcguithreadingthreadosurllib
from time import 
from string import *

try: 

# Modification by Matt Collinge.
    # Allows us to test this script on a PC running the XBMC emulator & Python. 

EMULATING xbmcgui.Emulating
    SCRIPTFOLDER     
"c:\\win32app\\Python24\\CallerId"
except

EMULATING False 
    SCRIPTFOLDER 
os.getcwd()[:-1]

MYAREACODE     "0113"    # SPECIFY YOUR AREA CODE
DOPAUSE     1            # PAUSE PLAYBACK ON INCOMING CALL?
DOINITMSG   1         # SHOW AN INITIALISATION MESSAGE WHEN SCRIPT STARTS
DOLOG         0            # SPECIFY WHETHER OR NOT TO WRITE TO LOG
DOIMAGE     1            # SPECIFY WHETHER OR NOT TO DISPLAY PICTURE WITH DIALOG
DOSOUND        1            # SPECIFY WHETHER TO PLAY A SOUND
DELAY         6            # SPECIFY DELAY BEFORE CLOSE IN SECONDS
SERVERTYPE     "YAC"        # SPECIFY EITHER "YAC", "SWITCHBOARD", "CIDSENTRY" OR "IMPULSE"
OSDTITLE    "Telephone Call"    # TITLE TO SHOW ON INCOMING CALL DIALOG
SOUNDFILE    "incoming-a.wav"  # WAV FILE TO PLAY IF DOSOUND IS ENABLED

try:

LOG_FILE.close()
except Exception:

pass
if DOLOG:

LOG_FILE open(SCRIPTFOLDER+"\\log.txt",'w')
def LOG(message):
    if 
DOLOG:

LOG_FILE.write(str(message)+"\n")

LOG_FILE.flush()    
def LOGCLOSE():
    if 
DOLOG:

LOG_FILE.close()

YACPORT 10629                    # SPECIFY PORT FOR YAC
CIDSENTRYPORT 4550            # SPECIFY PORT FOR CALLER ID SENTRY
CIDSENTRYIP "192.168.0.49"    # SPECIFY IP ADDRESS FOR CALLER ID SENTRY SERVER
IMPULSEPORT 42685                # SPECIFY PORT FOR IMPULSE
SWITCHBOARDPORT 36390            # SPECIFT PORT FOR SWITCHBOARD

BIGENDIAN 1        # 0 OR 1, IF ONE DOESN'T WORK, TRY THE OTHER
HOST ''            # Symbolic name meaning the local host

xOffset 3        # These are used to give a black shadow effect to text
yOffset 3        # MattC. 

Here's a pastebin of the whole default.py...http://pastebin.com/m51310c5b

In case anyone stumbles on this for answers... The script was using an old function.
SCRIPTFOLDER = os.getcwd()[:-1]

Should be:
SCRIPTFOLDER = os.getcwd()
hi there,

im assuming you have this running on your xbox gaming system. I have this running on a the xbmc live on a HTPC computer, i cant seem to get this script to receive yac responses. i have a yac tester that sends dummy info to the yac client, every other client in my whole house shows up, except in the xbmc screen.. is there any advice you can give that may help, something i may have been overlooking?

thanks!
Phil

EDIT: after messing around with it i found it is receiving the YAC signal and it does show up in the debugging script output however it does not display on the screen.... so im not sure what is missing.
This is LINK to the version I had working awhile ago...

Haven't used it in like 6 months, when I was using it, it worked on both PC and XBOX. Can't provide any help I just luckly stumbled on the answer, I know nothing about Python coding...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I was able to get it partly working, the script receives the caller id, displays "PHONE CALL" and then displays the caller ID name, but not the number. and it is very small if it was in a different spot and larger, there is no bordering. i just dont know how to get the phone number to display now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YAC Caller ID Listener (Script) YAC Caller ID Listener & Notifier for XBMC0