T3CH's compiled version VS svn
can anyone explain the differences between downloading T3CH's files and compiling directly from svn? (besides the main menu's logo i mean.. :p)

thanks!
should be none. atleast so have been the case with that build this far. he seems to add some extra plugins/scripts/skins, but otherwise there don't seem to be any changes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

T3CH from what I have seen is bloated. Do my own compile add the codecs and scripts/plugins I use and Im @ 35-38 meg last tech I downloaded was 52 meg. and that was with little more script wise than I had already (it was mainly the codecs I think, somebody said throw them all in and if it uses them fine... if not they wont hurt). His "FAT" version is 82 meg

**Dont misunderstand my remarks as negative, T3CH is doing a wonderful job helping all those who cannot compile experience XBMC.
thanks for the reply guys. till today i used to compile everything myself, and suddenly i'm hearing about this T3CH version - just though that i'm missing out on something..

thanks again! Smile
i noticed that T3CH's version enables some plugins that run from the music/movies folder when you go into "add source" - how can i do that when not using his version?
You get the plugins place them in the proper location and then "add source" from the submenu. When the dialog opens select plugin and go from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
T3CH's compiled version VS svn0