Android Error message when starting Kodi
I am virtually a new Android/Kodi user with very little experience or knowledge in this area. I purchased an MXIII-G Android 5.1.1 API level 22 (kernel:linux 3.10.33) Git:2016-02-20-a5f3a99 from BG (Banggood.com). It came with Kodi Jarvis 16.0. I have been using it since September-October.

Every time I start Kodi, I get a message "backup error check the log for more information". Other than that, it seems to be working fine. Should I be concerned about this? Is there a way to eliminate this recurring message?

I hope someone can help me with this. Appreciate your patience and support.
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you read up on the Forum Rules and Piracy Policy.

Quick solution: Remove all the Kodi data from your box and install a clean, official version from this website, then if you still experience the problem, post a Debug Log and we can address from there.
Thank you JxPx. I have executed your recommended Quick solution and it looks like the problem has been solved.
(2016-11-12, 19:00)djor49 Wrote: Thank you JxPx. I have executed your recommended Quick solution and it looks like the problem has been solved.

Glad to hear it worked. Enjoy!!
Every time I starry my android box it's as if I'm doing for the first time. All my short cuts are gone. And it runs before going to the menu. Then I have to hit "ok" just before I get to my video menu.
Does any one know why this is happening. I did a fresh start re installed my addons. It's still happening what's next? It's Jarvis 16.1 4.4 box 2Gbs.
Help please...thx

Sent from my iPhone
How are you shutting down the box when you need to do so (if at all)?

Which add-ons are you using - can you gather a debug log (wiki), upload it to pastebin or similar and post their link here?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-11-16, 04:24)Sequoia Wrote: Every time I starry my android box it's as if I'm doing for the first time. All my short cuts are gone. And it runs before going to the menu. Then I have to hit "ok" just before I get to my video menu.
Does any one know why this is happening. I did a fresh start re installed my addons. It's still happening what's next? It's Jarvis 16.1 4.4 box 2Gbs.
Help please...thx

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Did you install a clean version of Kodi from this website? Your other thread mentions you bought the box preloaded, which will indeed run like trash. If you simply installed a copy over your existing copy, you'll still have garbage on the box. If you can eliminate all instances of the preloaded crap (delete everything), then install fresh from here, then post a debug log if you still have the recurring issue.
This is an older box that only has Kodi from your site installed. I reset it several times to clean it.
Wasn't educated when I received it as a gift. Purchased another box was tired of relocating the box up & stairs.
The pre installed box A96Z is being returned. Now I need to fix my original box.
I have tried to learn on YouTube, how to...add better addons when others stopped working.
After digging I found your forum.
I'm now reeducating my friends I have been "helping" with their boxes.
Any suggestions you have I will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-11-16, 09:36)DarrenHill Wrote: How are you shutting down the box when you need to do so (if at all)?

Which add-ons are you using - can you gather a debug log (wiki), upload it to pastebin or similar and post their link here?

Yes I do shut down the box, I even unplug it to for a hard restart.
Where can I find debug log? How can I upload the link?

Sent from my iPhone
Click the link in my other post for details of how to get the log.

When you shut Kodi down, is it via the quit menu item or do you just turn it off?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Quit, then I click off the box from suspended mode. Until the red light is off as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error message when starting Kodi0