animation effect on video preview window
I did a skin mod for the mc360 skin that adds a mini video player to the gui located here. I'm trying to apply an animation effect the the video window and border that fades them out before the transition from the video window to the home window. The animation effect works on the border but not on the video window and I don't understand why. Any ideas?

This is what I tried:
Code:
<window id="6">
    <defaultcontrol>50</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <controls>
        <include>MediaIconBackGroundWhiteWash</include>
        <include>MediaCommons</include>
        <control type="image">
            <description>Mini Video Preview Border</description>
            <posx>100</posx>
            <posy>309</posy>
            <width>170</width>
            <height>139</height>
            <texture>Playlist-Vis-Back.png</texture>
            <visible>Player.HasVideo</visible>
            <animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="100">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" time="100" end="0">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>
        <control type="videowindow">
            <description>Mini Video Preview Window</description>
            <posx>102</posx>
            <posy>312</posy>
            <width>166</width>
            <height>133</height>
            <visible>Player.HasVideo</visible>
            <animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="100">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" time="100" end="0">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>
Yes animations don't work on video windows or Visualizations because they are rendered directly and not part of the skin as such so you can stop trying it won't work

Wish it did but it dosn't
how does the mc360 skin fade out the background video on blade changes? (it fades out my mini window too) Is there a way I can do that on the "myvideos" to "home" window transition?
It dosn't trust me it just looks like it does because it all the backgrounds fade over it and the background video stays between
Could I fade a background image in on top of it on WindowClose that would "fade" the video out? Is that even feasible?
I was just reading through the changelog, and this may be of interest:
2007-11-13 10734 changed: allow videowindow to be alphablended, allows fadein/fadeout of the preview window ^_^
Catchy Signature Here
yay... (aww... I can't compile my own xbmc) guess I'll have to wait since I only have 11-04 t3ch
I would help you out but my internet connection is horrible right now Sad
Catchy Signature Here
spaz7986 Great work on the Mini Video Mod!!!

I made my own custom changes to your work.

1. Added a few more windows. (custom1201_SystemMemory.xml,custom1201_SystemMedia.xml, custom1201_SystemSystem.xml)
2. Added visualisations to mini windows. (You have to disable background visualisations for it work.)
3. Added settings to Customize Theme (Disable Logos, Disable Mini Video Window, Disable Gamertags)

Once again nice Mod!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
animation effect on video preview window0