How to run Program on top of Kodi(RaspBian)
I am trying to launch retroarch from KODI

I am using Raspbian not LibreELEC.

I tried with this on command line(with kodi open):

Code:
kodi-send --host=127.0.0.1 --port=9777 --action="System.ExecWait('/home/pi/run_game.sh')"

inside the /home/pi/run_game.sh I have this:

Code:
/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-picodrive/picodrive_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg "/media/usb0/TORRENTS/No-Intro/Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis/zip/Zoop (USA).md" --appendconfig /dev/shm/retroarch.cfg

When I run the kodi-send, retroArch open and run the game, but I can't see anything because Kodi is on top of it.

Are there a way to put a retroarch window or any other program over Kodi, but keep kodi it running?
I do not want to quit and open Kodi every time I choose a new game.

If I exit Kodi and run the second command, I can play the game without problem.

ps: sorry for my english
Even when kodi is idle, it tends to use ~20% cpu and a lot of memory and some 3D usage of the GPU.
That means your emulated games would be slower compared with quitting kodi.

Seeing as kodi shuts down and launches in a small number of seconds, I'd recommend you shut it down.
Maybe, I will try to find out if I can at least open Kodi in the same screen I leave.

Edited

I have to run this:

Code:
kodi-send --host=127.0.0.1 --port=9777 --action="ActivateWindow(0,plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/?catID=a01119af5b28f89246abff9a9873fd49&com=SHOW_ROMS&launID=b2b48c73b1e80012dd5102ecfa93a853)"

to change the window.

By the way I am using advanced launcher to launch the noms/programs.

Right now it not working.
For some reason the script could not run the retroArch and kill kodi.

Kodi only exit when I kill the retro arch.
I will try more later.
Have you tried a multiboot solution? It will exit out of Raspbian, then boot into Kodi or Retropi (can even do a triple boot with all three)
(2016-11-12, 21:09)handbone Wrote: Have you tried a multiboot solution? It will exit out of Raspbian, then boot into Kodi or Retropi (can even do a triple boot with all three)

Multibootpi has some great options.
All can be updated individually and the guy has coded scripts/shortcuts to allow you to go from one to another.
I'm running his Raspbian & LibreELEC & Retropie at the moment and it's great.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Thanks guys.
In my setup I created a script to kill kodi, open the game, wait to game close, and open kodi in the last window.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2456140

Thanks for the tips.
(2016-11-11, 19:50)popcornmix Wrote: Even when kodi is idle, it tends to use ~20% cpu and a lot of memory and some 3D usage of the GPU.
That means your emulated games would be slower compared with quitting kodi.

Seeing as kodi shuts down and launches in a small number of seconds, I'd recommend you shut it down.

Sorry to go off-topic... but I've noticed the ~15-20% CPU use of Kodi17 when sitting idle (after a fresh install of a LibreELEC alpha or Millhouse build) as well. Kodi16 (LibreELEC 7.0.2) sitting idle uses 1.5 - 2% also on a fresh install. Both on the same Rpi2. I chalked it up to the fact that its still in alpha/beta stages of development.

20% CPU use at idle isn't really a big deal but its interesting to see a fairly significant difference between Kodi16 and Kodi17 at idle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to run Program on top of Kodi(RaspBian)0