Can't seem to connect to windows 7 networked computer using android
Hi guys,
I had this up and working once before but I had to reinstall windows. I changed my OS to Windows 7 from Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the computer on the network using Kodi for Android (Marshmallow 6.0.1). I can see the workgroup and the computers on it but whenever I try to connect to the computer it just keeps popping up with the dialogue for my user name and password over and over again. I CAN connect and transfer files using solid explorer just fine. I maybe disabled a component or needed for networking and sharing center to turn on network and sharing but I can't figure out which one and I don't want to go around just blindly turning them off and on. Can someone who knows more about networking please help me out? It is a clean windows install I have just set everything up all the way on - this was the last thing, so I really really really don't want to install windows again. Please help, if you can.
klear6

PS I am relatively new to this so please go easy on me

OMG 2 seconds after posting that I can now connect. OK, so now my question is, what the heck was the problem and how did it fix itself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't seem to connect to windows 7 networked computer using android0