v16 Cannot adjust display refresh rate for 1080p content - Updated with pastebin link
UPDATED WITH PASTEBIN LINK

Hello!

First off, let me state clearly that I understand that Kodi was never meant to be a multitasking media player. I know this and am willing to accept the limits.

That being said, I'd like to ask for the community's insight with an issue I'm having:

The setup:
I'm currently running Kodi in windowed fullscreen mode on one of three monitors connected to the system in extended desktop. My current displays are (1) HDTV on hdmi, (2) 1080p60hz LCD on DVI and (3) 1440p144hz LCD on DP. In this scenario (3) is my primary monitor and (1) is the display I've assigned Kodi to.

- HDMI pin 19 is blocked

In Kodi:
- 'Adjust display refresh rate' is enabled.
- 'Windowed full screen' mode is enabled.

The issue
Simply said, in above setup everything works fine unless I try to play 1080p content. If I do this, the content shows up on display (1) for about half a second, before jumping to display (3), where it borks the resolution as well as the refreshrate (since (3) is 1440p144hz). I can use winkey + shift + L/R to move the fullscreen window back to display (1). But then when the content stops playing, the Kodi GUI will have jumped to display (2). This all happens as soon as the refreshrate is adjusted, but ONLY with 1080p content, lower res videos work and adjust fine.

The circumstances
So far, two things have stopped this issue from happening:
1. Turning the 'Adjust display refresh rate' option to 'off'.
2. Disconnecting display (3).

The question
Is there a way I can I use both the 'adjust display refresh rate' option and my 1440p144hz display (3) in the same config, with display (1) still being the Kodi display?

1. Version of Kodi:

Jarvis 16.1
2. Windows Version + Service Pack version:
W7 SP1
3. CPU/Architecture:
Intel i5 6600k/64bit
4. RAM amount:
16GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem:
See above
6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem:
See above + Geforce GTX 1070
7. FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/HVQPeTMu
In this debug log I first attempt to play the video, whereupon it jumps to display (3) as desribed above. I then use winkey + L/R to move the Kodi window to the correct display (1). I then stop video playback resulting in the Kodi window jumping to display (2).

(Note that in the log file, the displays have different numbers corresponding to them.)
I suspect not, although I haven't had a lot of experience with 3 displays and Nvidia (there might be tools that can lock windows to specific screens) but as Kodi sniffs the Custom EDID but once on launch, the issue becomes changing the parms. You might try in the Kodi launch icon 'properties'' 'compatibility' toggle - disable - Display Scaling on high DPI settings (and cross your fingers). Dig deep enough, and without a doubt there is a solve somewhere along the line.
Thanks a lot for your response! I ended up trying a lot of different things with no luck. Then I discovered that Kodi 17 Beta 5 does not have the behaviour mentioned above.

What surprised me during further testing was that even though my system has a lot of resources available, video playback was very choppy in windowed fullscreen mode. Disabling 'Display Scaling on high DPI settings' improved this a little bit. Nothing apart from running in true fullscreen mode makes it go as buttery smooth as I'm used to when using Kodi. I've never noticed windowed fullscreen mode having such large drawbacks on a system as powerful as this one. (EDIT: even the GUI seems very choppy and stuttery, both in 16.1 and 17 b5)

In any case. This issue was solved for me by switching to Krypton. However, if anyone who reads this has any advice on how to improve playback in windowed fullscreen mode please do tell!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot adjust display refresh rate for 1080p content - Updated with pastebin link0