New skinning concept
As far as I'm designing skin for my needs I'm stack with something which could not be developed now. Hitcher explain me that we can only have one size element for list items.

I imagine that I have one place (home or we can name it "what's hot") for most important stuff for me (it could be recently added, featured, hot stuff, unwatched, etc, etc using built-it features and external add-ones), as more important that bigger size for that thing, you know as bigger and lighter than focus your eyes. I know that it should be followed by the strong alghoritm to control all of that but at the moment as I know I'm stacked with xbmc limitations.

So what I imagine, the place with movies, biggest poster for hot stuff, movies based on release day and unwatched, next smaller are featured movies as fanart, and so on... I can use static templates with content arrangement or do it dynamic.

And total mix, movies, shows and music, bigger, small, smaller:

What do you think about it? Maybe it is a worth to broke the rules and do improvements with skin development? Or just if door are closed can we use a window anyway?
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
mstef Wrote:As far as I'm designing skin for my needs I'm stack with something which could not be developed now. Hitcher explain me that we can only have one size element for list items.

i'm not sure what kind of limitations you're bumping into,
but if you construct a list using the 'coverflow' technique (not sure if there's an official name for it), you can have every listitem at a different size.

looking at your screens, i think most of it should be possible atm, using recentlyadded and random items scripts.
though i think it's gonna be horrible to navigate a layout like that.

mstef Wrote:Maybe it is a worth to broke the rules and do improvements with skin development?

work on this is already in progress...check here, if you've missed it somehow:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post651608
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm not sure what kind of limitations you're bumping into,
but if you construct a list using the 'coverflow' technique (not sure if there's an official name for it), you can have every listitem at a different size.

looking at your screens, i think most of it should be possible atm, using recentlyadded and random items scripts.
though i think it's gonna be horrible to navigate a layout like that.

work on this is already in progress...check here, if you've missed it somehow:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post651608

Thank you Ronie! It keeps me working. Navigation is something that we can used to, selection will be made by changing color of frame, so will see.

Yes I know what you do with blacklist, it looks very cool. As somebody wrote it looks like lot of games menu interfaces by nobody did it yet in all of media centers, so I cross fingers and keep watching you everyday.
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
Mstef - would you mind if i took this view idea for something I'm working on in paper street? I very much like the layout and think i might be able to do something interesting with it!_
blacklist Wrote:Mstef - would you mind if i took this view idea for something I'm working on in paper street? I very much like the layout and think i might be able to do something interesting with it!_

Sure, why not Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New skinning concept0