[RELEASE] Just another YouTube (Video) Plugin
Hani, also a default.tbn file would be a cool thing, so we have an icon for the source. Another setting you might want to add to the settings dialog is the choice of the player core. For me, mplayer works a lot better, while DVDPlayer constantly suffers from buffer underruns and stops the video.
just tried on xbox and its not working? O.o
do you mind posting the one that working on xbox to some site with YOUR update?
Smile
Thank you Unbehagen for your valuable response
Here another update!
Regrads

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/24...e-zip.html
It's so great to finally see other people developing great plugins! Thanks for the update! Now the only things that are missing in my opinion are the default.tbn plugin thumbnail, a search history and the play chooser. That shouldn't be too hard to implement. Just add another option to the settings dialog. Look at the Joox 2.1 Beta plugin, I implemented it there. Warning: my code is really messy, but you'll find it.
Ah, and another thing just came into my mind: You should put the pluginsettings stuff into try/catch blocks and assume standard settings in the code additionally to the ones stored in the xml so that people that don't have a recent xbmc build with the pluginsettings feature don't have strange crashes.
Edit: Also the import needs to be in a try block..is that possible?
Unbehagen Wrote:It's so great to finally see other people developing great plugins! Thanks for the update! Now the only things that are missing in my opinion are the default.tbn plugin thumbnail, a search history and the play chooser. That shouldn't be too hard to implement. Just add another option to the settings dialog. Look at the Joox 2.1 Beta plugin, I implemented it there. Warning: my code is really messy, but you'll find it.

First of all I would like to thank you for your great help and support
I have a new update for you to test

In this version I have added player type choice.
Cleaned up the code.
I have also added the option to select the start index which can be set to get the maximum result
Using this start index I have added another top folder to go forward in your browse
It works ok for but It has some limitation(you may miss the next sets of result if you decided to change the index or the length of the queries while you are browsing.

Can you please explain further what do you mean by History?
I'm using PM3 as my skin the thumbnail image for "Forward search" is in root dir of the plugin. What is the best way to include plugin images.I may I have to include a few in the future.

I will be too busy in the next couple of days.So I will try to finish this plugin ASAP.
There is lots of things to be done(movie info, movie comments, user play list, playing the movie while downloading , handling restricted contents,...)
I'm not that good in graphics. I will leave this to your taste.

Regards.Big Grin
This screenshot of the Forward browsing
Remember the maximum result is only limited by query response.i.e you may a hit dead end after consuming all the available data(I have not came across that yet)
That why I need to implement a "Related movie " category in the virtual folder tree.
If you think of a good way of doing this please let me know.
If you set the maximum result over 50 the plugin ignore it and return the default
also if you set the index to zero the index will be set to the default.
You can use the "order by" option to refine your query.
keep up the good work

Another update
I have add some movie information
Remember the size information represents the view counts figure in kBytes Big Grin:p

I'm just wondering where the people at? I have started this thread and I was hoping for some feedback for XBMC community. I guess I should stop posting here and try to keep it quite.
Please let me know if you guys interested. My goal was to learn Python and at the same time contribute to this great project.
hani Wrote:I'm just wondering where the people at? I have started this thread and I was hoping for some feedback for XBMC community. I guess I should stop posting here and try to keep it quite.
Please let me know if you guys interested. My goal was to learn Python and at the same time contribute to this great project.

Thanks for the update, hani. Don't worry, people love your script. It's pretty normal that you don't get that many responses. People will only chase you on the forums if you have problems Wink People do love your script, keep up the good work! Another factor is that not all of the people know about/have upgraded to a build with the plugin system yet. Most users are still after scripts, though I personally don't like them that much. But people got used to those, some skins even directly integrate the scripts, for example xTV has a menu item for the youtube script.
Another thing: Do you want me to host your plugin on my plugin site? I could even give you a login so you can update it yourself on the site. Or is it still too much of a beta for going public?
Thumbs Up 
Unbehagen Wrote:Thanks for the update, hani. Don't worry, people love your script. It's pretty normal that you don't get that many responses. People will only chase you on the forums if you have problems Wink People do love your script, keep up the good work! Another factor is that not all of the people know about/have upgraded to a build with the plugin system yet. Most users are still after scripts, though I personally don't like them that much. But people got used to those, some skins even directly integrate the scripts, for example xTV has a menu item for the youtube script.
Another thing: Do you want me to host your plugin on my plugin site? I could even give you a login so you can update it yourself on the site. Or is it still too much of a beta for going public?

I'm glad to here that.I really appreciate your valuable offer.Please PM with the detail.
By the way you have not answer my question regarding the history. Do you mean to search cookies or the browsing history?
Do you have any other features you think needed to be done first.
I do have some spare time this week coming weekend. So I can squeeze more stuff in my To-Do list.

smokeyfingaz:
I like it.
hani Wrote:I'm glad to here that.I really appreciate your valuable offer.Please PM with the detail.
By the way you have not answer my question regarding the history. Do you mean to search cookies or the browsing history?
Do you have any other features you think needed to be done first.
I do have some spare time this week coming weekend. So I can squeeze more stuff in my To-Do list.

smokeyfingaz:
I like it.
With the history I mean that the plugin provides a list of all search terms ever entered. So if there's a thing I like to watch very often I don't have to type it in all the time but can instead select the term from a list. I did that for the seeqpod and myspace plugin for example.
Hmm.. Stuff for your to-do-list...., Hmm maybe you should think about the "Next" button.. I found it pretty confusing that it has the label "...". "..." usually means to go up 2 levels instead of one with "..".I didn't expect it to be a "Next" button before I looked at the icon image.
Another thing is the naming of the downloaded files. Maybe you should grab the createSecureFilename function from the joox plugin and create a filename from the title. Or ask the user for a filename for the video or something...
About the website: I will just do some changes concerning user management and then cntact you via pm.
Unbehagen Wrote:With the history I mean that the plugin provides a list of all search terms ever entered. So if there's a thing I like to watch very often I don't have to type it in all the time but can instead select the term from a list. I did that for the seeqpod and myspace plugin for example.
Hmm.. Stuff for your to-do-list...., Hmm maybe you should think about the "Next" button.. I found it pretty confusing that it has the label "...". "..." usually means to go up 2 levels instead of one with "..".I didn't expect it to be a "Next" button before I looked at the icon image.
Another thing is the naming of the downloaded files. Maybe you should grab the createSecureFilename function from the joox plugin and create a filename from the title. Or ask the user for a filename for the video or something...
About the website: I will just do some changes concerning user management and then cntact you via pm.

Not sure about the next button label you may end up with movie title called
"Next". just came to my mind how do you get the current skin name in xbmc?

Download & History Consider 'em done I will post an update ASAP..
Wow hani, this thing is really coming along nicely! I was having an issue where all my videos were named "watch" however that has been a couple releases ago (man you work quick!). I will give the newest version a try tonight after work and let you know how it goes. Cheers and thanks for all the hard work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Just another YouTube (Video) Plugin0