Library scanning doesn't work
Sad 
Hello,

I have an annoying problem with library update in Kodi : nothing happens !
The scan start and stop immediately, and nothing is added to my library, except if I'm using the "scan for new content" option in contextual menu.

The log give this issue :
Code:
10:57:55 T:18446744072108283136 WARNING: Skipping item 'ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:21/Disque1/Mes videos/Series/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
And I have the same error message for each of my subfolders.

But the thing is that there isn't any .nomedia file in any of the directories.

Does anybody know how I can resolve this problem ?

Thanks...

Joris
The ".nomedia" is probably hidden by whatever app you're using to access the ftp share.
Be sure to enable "Show hidden files"
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
I checked the directory with ftp from the CLI, and by mounting it with SMB, and there is no hidden file in any of my directories.

I think the problem is with FTP, because if I use the same directory as an SMB source, it work nice (but, I had some other problems with SMB on Android in the past, related to a very slow transfer rate, so I prefer to use FTP instead).
So, nobody's encountering the same problem as I am ?
Yes.

Strange things are happening since a few nightly versions.

Using the Nvidia Shield ATV in combination with my home computer and DVBviewer recording service.

- Library scanning during KODI startup is selected for music and video, but will never be executed.
- Normally I could select my computer 's name to see all SMB mappings from my home computer and to select such a SMB shared network map. Now my computer's name isn't listed anymore. I have to type the full SMB address manually. After entering the full address KODI will connect to the network map most of the time, but sometimes a message shows up and tells that the file in the network map couldn't start. I can't remember the exact message at the moment.
- When I pick up a music file stored on such a network map it plays, but for some reason KODI suddenly crashes at some time. If it doesn't crash it will sure crash when the next music track in the playlist starts.
- However watching TV in KODI connected to the DVBviewer recording service on my home computer seems till now without any issues.

Something wrong with the library - network - SMB part of KODI?
Information 
Yes,

i have the same issue with Kodi 17.1 RC on Android 6.0.1 running on Odroid-C2.

Scanning does not do a thing, and it keeps saying to scan so the library can be filled.
.nomedia shouldn't be an issue. At least not on local drives. For me, that's the only way to hide watched stuff on bravia since it does not support tree view and list all folders at once Sad But Kodi can see all folders inside the one with .nomedia if pointed there and the content is set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library scanning doesn't work0