Kodi Jarvis 16.1 wont run!
Hi,
Been racking my brains over this one... I was on a previous version (I can't remember which) but it had become a little unstable shutting down,, about 50% of the time it would just go to a black screen and never close, I would have to force it...

So today I upgraded to Jarvis 16.1

When I open Kodi I get the splash screen all fine, it loads and I see my CEC Adaptor connect, it begins to scan the library and then just dies, sometimes is get further than others, it even completed the library scan at one point, but then again it just dies!

I have re-installed, checked my graphics drivers, checked I have the latest version of DX and now I am stuck, I wonder if there is an issue with one of the old Add-ons but I can't find a way to load Kodi without them?

Any ideas appreciated, it's been so long since I have played with Kodi I can't even remember where any of the user settings files are!!

All my library's are held in an SQL database as I have a Rasberry PI upstairs that accesses the same library.

Cheers,
Jay.
Can you upload a debug log? that would make it easier for people here to help. Kodi doesn't come with a lot of addons so I don't think the issue is related to old addons.

Your usersettings for windows can be found via C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
I have some log files and a crash.dmp file but where do you guys prefer I upload?
pastebin or similar
Here is the kodi.log, the dump.bin doest seem to have anything logical in!

http://pastebin.com/cm8nymeN
Quote:16:07:35 T:4964 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.repositories
16:07:35 T:4964 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
16:07:35 T:4964 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository script.video.F4mProxy

Please remove all banned_addons (wiki) before we go any further. No support is provided while you have those installed, as per the forum_rules (wiki).
More than happy to remove, likely added by my partner lol, however how can i remove outside of the gui please?
You *may* be able to just delete the addon from your profile directory, but I believe they're referenced in the addonsdb database, so that could be dangerous. The safest way is a clean installation...you can export and re-import your library, and re-install necessary addons as required as they'd obviously die in the re/installation.
Hi All,
Just to say thanks for all your help, I have resolved this issue...
I took a copy of my advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml (seeing as my database is an SQL one) then I did a complete uninstall and deleted anything left after the uninstall, re-installed, copied the above files back and all back to normal. Jarvis 16.1 fully operational and I am very pleased to note the new version now correctly supports pass-through audio for my amp!
I also note that the "Update watched state" which had stopped working MONTHS ago between the two kodi devices is now working again also!
Conclusion... Don't leave it so long before updating Kodi in future Smile
Cheers,
John.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 wont run!0