Kodi changed skin on restart
The wife was watching live tv yesterday and Kodi suddenly locked up. I shut Kodi down and restarted it and when it started back up it had switched from the Aeon Nox skin to the Confluance default skin. I switched it back over to Aeon Nox and then had to redo a number of settings such as guide etc. Itworked fine last night until the system was shut down overnight. I put the computer to sleep as I always do and this morning upon restart to watch TV it had switched back to Confluance again. Any idea what could cause this to happen by just going a restart? The only settings that came back were the scheduled recordings, but I think that is because they are retained by the PVR back end Nextpvr. I am running 16.1 on a windows 7 machine. I checked the logs and nothing looked out of the ordinary. It is like the user settings were not retained or got corrupted. Do you think if I did a uninstall and reinstall it would help?
If Kodi has a problem with a skin it will revert to the default skin, if the skin is still available it will show up again as a choice, but if some of the code is compromised, kodi will either default directly back or if it's in one of the 'extras' whihc has developed a bug, it may operate until it hits that bug, whihc may not show until shutdown, then come back up default skin. Suggestion: re-install latest skin and add-ons. A proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread might show the issue.
(2016-11-24, 02:07)PatK Wrote: If Kodi has a problem with a skin it will revert to the default skin, if the skin is still available it will show up again as a choice, but if some of the code is compromised, kodi will either default directly back or if it's in one of the 'extras' whihc has developed a bug, it may operate until it hits that bug, whihc may not show until shutdown, then come back up default skin. Suggestion: re-install latest skin and add-ons. A proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread might show the issue.

PatK, I looked at the logs and no out of the ordinary things show up. So I decided to uninstall 16.1 and installed Krypton 17 beta 5. It seems to be working fine but it will not allow me to install any other skins but the default. I tried Transparency, Aeon Nox, Confluence and keep getting a message installation failed. I tried Krypton when it first came out and Aeon Nox worked in Krypton at that time. Any ideas or should I check in the skins forum.
Thanks
Are you installing from a zip instead of through the repro? Not sure Aeon Nox is Krypton ready (check that skin forum for that), but I do know Transparency! is, I'm running it. Sometimes the logs are not as helpful without a trained eye as one would like. Did you do a fresh start install (as my sig suggests) or just an overlay on top? Some of the skins need dependencies, but the install should come pre-loaded... is the skin install complete?(or did it not completely download?) Perhaps you have it installed but it just fails to move over, but might be in your skin list choices?
(2016-11-24, 06:37)PatK Wrote: Are you installing from a zip instead of through the repro? Not sure Aeon Nox is Krypton ready (check that skin forum for that), but I do know Transparency! is, I'm running it. Sometimes the logs are not as helpful without a trained eye as one would like. Did you do a fresh start install (as my sig suggests) or just an overlay on top? Some of the skins need dependencies, but the install should come pre-loaded... is the skin install complete?(or did it not completely download?) Perhaps you have it installed but it just fails to move over, but might be in your skin list choices?

I installed Krypton from the kodi download site. It was not a zip file. I uninstalled Jarvis but did not do a fresh start install as I wanted to retain my settings. The skins are in my skin list choices but when I try to use them I get the skin did not install message. I will check the skins forum on weather Aeon Nox is Krypton ready. I had tried Krypton earlier and it was running at that time on Krypton, but that install was downloaded on top of Jarvis. I did not uninstall jarvis first like I did this time. If I get some time today I will tryt to switch skins again. If it will not work I will do a 100% clean install and see if it works out.
Thanks for the tips.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi changed skin on restart0