Saving music from Seeqpod and/or Shoutcast
Is it possible to save music files from Seeqpod or net radio like shoutcast as files to playback at a later time.

There was mention that an old version of XBMC allowed you to save net-radio song as seperate files and then keep or delete those you do not want. I believe it saved them as wma or similar.

I'd appreciate any help
You can record Shoutcast streams without any plugins.
Just press the record button whilst playing your selected stream
Sorry for being thick, but where is the record button I can't find it anywhere?
eilz Wrote:Is it possible to save music files from Seeqpod or net radio like shoutcast as files to playback at a later time.

Didn't test this with audio yet, but look at this FAQ entry:

How can I download media files from plugins?
The new Joox.net beta 2.0 has its own download capatibility, see the plugin's description in the download area. For other plugins, do the following: Highlight the episode you want to download, press the white button on the pad ("Title" button on the remote control), select "Switch Media", then Select "file manager". On the left side, you should see the current plugin folder, on the right side of the window you can choose the destination you want to copy the media file to. Now switch back to the left side, highlight the media file to be downloaded, open the context menu via white button/title button and select "Copy".
has anyone been able to save music?, i've tried this but maybe I am doing something wrong?

Does anyone know what I mean, when older version of XBMC used to have a record button/option, which no longer exists in newer versions of XMBC. From doing a google search, some people mentioned a XBMC back in 2005 I think.
I also used to love the record button while playing a shoutcast stream. Has this been removed in the latest beta? Thanks!
With Confluence, there's a record button in MusicOSD (Using xbmc Live Dharma beta 4)

or

You can config your remote with:

Code:
<rec_button>XBMC.PlayerControl(record)</rec_button>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving music from Seeqpod and/or Shoutcast0