• 4(current)
IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)
(hullebulle @ feb. 02 2005,21:03 Wrote:that happens cause you used the igr (in game reset) feature of the evox dash.
there is no such feature in xbmc. to solve this issue you have to upgrade to a bios with buildin igr (with this bios it will work no matter whats your dash).
hullebulle,

thanks for the quick response and info!! i figured it was something simple like that.  which bios should i use that has this igr feature?  i'm using evoxx 2.1 (i think).  there looks to be a v2.3.  i need to investigate to see if it has this feature.

edit:  i did some research and i can do it my existing m8+ bios.  i just need to edit the evox.ini file.  i have not tried it yet but here is the thread to explain what to do:

enable igr with m8+ bios

--steve
no evox bios supports igr by default (yet), only xecuter bioses has that feature by default (so far), so either use a xecuter bios or mod a evox bios (no, you don't do that with evox.ini)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi

i just set xbmc as my dash replace the evox

when i use evox as dash ,i can reboot the xbox with " l+r trigger+back+start"

but now,when i use xbmc, i don't know how to reboot xbox at all. especially in the games.

any suggestions ?

thanks a lot :joker:
flash your modchip with a decent bios that supports igr...
(spiff @ feb. 12 2005,15:53 Wrote:flash your modchip with a decent bios that supports igr...
i use bioschecker

it tell me below

chip type -> lpc based (sst 49lf020)
using genuinebios -> evox m8

how can i find the right bios i shoud flash into my xbox?

and where can i find the tool can do that?

thanks again
newbie response here:

if using the controller, which it sounds like you are, press (click) the right analog stick.  a menu will pop up.  the default icon is shutdown.  other options are profiles, restart/reboot, system information and one on the far left i can't remember.

that will only work in xbmc application, not in games. sorry i can't help you there.
hey qiqiji,
try left & right triggers with the little black button and the "back" button. if you are using evox m8 for your bios those buttons should work as igr.
hope it works for ya.
(end_r @ feb. 15 2005,00:13 Wrote:hey qiqiji,
try left & right triggers with the little black button and the "back" button.  if you are using evox m8 for your bios those buttons should work as igr.
hope it works for ya.
thanks a lot

i just flash a newer m8 bios

igr works :o
when i am in a game (for example, playing halo 2 on kai) is there some way i can return to xbmc from the game after it ends? or do i have to reset my xbox every time? thanks in advance
there is no way unless the game devs add a new menu button like "launch xbmc" to their games.

the only solution is to setup xbmc as your dash and use a bios with igr (in game reset)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
officially for evox bios

the default igr button combo for the m8 and m8plus is:
l trigger + r trigger + l thumb + r thumb.

if you used evtool to edit your bios and you checked the "more compatible" then the igr button combo is:
l trigger + r trigger + back + start

tested with xbmc dash as primary and evox as secondary dash and igr worked!
:kickass:
ok this is what i have

i was using evox and when i was in game i used the igr function and it goes back to evox so i think it was using te igr function from evox

now im using xbmc and when i use the igr function it works too but it goes back to my ms dashboard and not to xbmc so i think he is now using the bios igr function

what can i do to make it go back to xbmc my xmbc dashboard is on my f drive and my ms dashboard is on my c drive

my evox bios was on f drive too so i dont know whats the problem

:nuts:
i have a softmodded xbox, and the only reason i use evox is for the in game reset evox's default.xbe must activate it when it loads. thus, if i make xbmc my default dashboard, i have no igr.

i really want to use xbmc as my dashboard, but i value igr too much. is it possible to activate the ingame reset in the evox bios with xbmc?
you could have the softmod, boot up pbl metoo edition (works on all kernels) and have it load a bfm bios that have igr activated. edit the bfm bios, m8+, with evtool to boot xbmc directly by changing the boot path init.

you can also switch to a uxe exploit that uses nkpatcher wich have igr init.

i suggest you check out the xbe exploits forum on x-s for more tutorials on how to do this.

make sure you have a way to recover if you screw up!!!!!!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hello, how can i activate the igr on xbmc? i want to do it because my games object to lauching and i can't escape from the game when it's running. a other question : if i want to change ma current skin what must i do?thank you
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)0