• 5(current)
IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)
try lft + rgt + black + back while in the game should kick you back to xbmc, i don't know about enabling it, but it works for me
i have done a softmod with splinter cell game save.

i have xbmc as my boot dash but can exit out to evox if i choose,

i it possible for me to enable the igr in the bois given i have no chip? and if available what is the procedure following a softmod?

thanks
hi. im new here but i have used modded xbox almost 3 years now. i bought an old crt projector and i wanter to make my xbox the center of this home theater system so i decided to change evolution-x dashboard to xbmc.. i've been very happy using xbmc aas my dashboard. everything works just fine and i can run videos and music from the same place as programs and games.

only thing that bother's me is igr. everytime i run game or dvd movie and want to get back to dashboard i have to get up from my sofa to reboot. like i said in the description i have very old homebrew modchip that keep evox d.6 in it.. i think it doesn't even have ejectfix..

so is there any way i can have igr from xbmc? i don't want to buy a new modchip to get flash option.. is there any python scripts that allow igr or is there somekind of cvs build that has igr? or do i just have ask nicely from the creators to make igr to xbmc?

-full-
as far as i know igr is controlled by the bios, i'm sure it's possible to have xbmc reboot or bring up the shutdown menu when a button/combination is pressed.

this isn't what you asked for though, when you are running a game, xbmc has just launched the game and is unloaded from memory so can't reset the box. same thing with playing dvds, assuming you are using a seperate dvd player and not xbmc to play them.

you would be better off looking into flashing your bios, investing in a modchip or getting one of those remote kits that hard resets the xbox.
hey full,
i was wondering what modchip you're using. there are some applications out there that would allow you to flash it by running the app on the xbox. the one that comes to mind is for the old xecuter chips. just an idea.
get "phoenix bios loader", that way you can load any new bios you like (if you set it up as a dashboard it will ever load directly on bootup)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hello,
i'm using xbmc as my dashboard renaming the default.xbe of xbmc as evoxdash.xbe in my c drive.

it's work perfectly, except for the igr that dosen't work. when i run with evox it work but with xbmx dosen't.

some help, i was chaking the evox.ini and all is correct. and the xboxmediacenter.xml don't indicate nothing about this... help please.

i'm using a m8 chip aladdin.
and a maxtor 80gb harddisk
you need to enable igr in that bios of yours. reason it works dwith evox is because (i believe) evox (the dashboard) has this functionality. we don't but instead rely on bios # to support it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi pike,
thanks for u fast replay.
some help about how change to enable this option on my bios ?
some program or support? web page...
# option line...?

thanks
search for evtool, it can enable igr on m8 bios
a heads up (and bug bump), you'll be getting double reboots with evox igr and it only happens with xbmc as dashboard.
so live with double resets, or configure the bios with the quick igr method which may hang some games.
hiya guys!
first post on this forum.

i've got a v1.2 xbox with a softmodded tsop.
i was using evox as my primary dash, but i've converted to xbmc when the last build has come out. i modded the box years ago, but i do remember flashing the bios initially so that i could run unsigned code.

i've read in this thread that i need to reflash my bios with a newer revision (x2) in order to reenable igr.

can i flash my original bios with the x2 one?

cheers!
i found a copy of the x2 bios on [admin note-- we do not recommend using slayer]s cd. that sorted it no problems. igr is working in xbmc now.

cheers!
Information 
just want to know is there a way to in game reset on xbmc. i had it before when evox was my dash and now i have xbmc as the default dash. i have to power off my xbox every time now just to start another game (kai)
install a decent bios such as (almost) any x2 flavour..
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)0